August Favorites

<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12154129/?claim=9neavsh6ytk”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

August is a over, September is here and Fall is starting to take over slowly.

I bought a few products this August, some of which I absolutely loved, others not so much. So I thought I’d share with you my favorites of the month.

SONY DSC

Lately I have been focusing a lot on my skin care routine. I have been trying different brands and products to try to find the prefect fit for my skin type. I have normal to oily skin that’s acne prone. My T Zone is usually the oily part of my face, but sometimes it can also get very dry… weird!

After hearing great stuff about the brand, I decided to give Caudalie a try. I got the instant foaming cleanser and been loving it! I was using the Origins Checks and Balances before, but I didn’t fall for it. The Caudalie one is gentle on my skin but it leaves it super clean and refreshed. I also got the deluxe sample of Caudalie Instant Detox Mask (gotta love Sephora), which I use once or twice a week. Honestly, it doesn’t do wonders but has a great rose smell and soothes your skin.

As for SPF, my Clarins sunblock was getting empty so I wanted to try something different and lighter on the skin. I got this Tarte Guard sunscreen lotion as a sampler (originally from Sephora again), and loved it so much that I purchased the full sized one. It’s so easy to blend and doesn’t leave thick residue on the skin. Also, the pump makes it so easy to use.

We all know that highlighters are the new “it” thing, but finding the right one can be a little tricky. I have been using the Benefit What’s Up highlighter for a while, but I just discovered the Becca shimmering skin perfector from the new Becca collection. I particularly love this product because it blends beautifully with the skin and looks natural. It’s not glittery at all instead it gives a dewy finish, which I prefer. It’s perfect for day time and makes you look absolutely radiant. LOVE IT!! I got the smaller size and it’s more than enough. A few small drops go a long way.

Now let’s talk lipstick. Kat Von D just released a new studded kiss lipstick collection, and it’s amazing. The studded black packaging is super sexy! I got the Lovecraft shade, which is a matte mauve pink nude. The formula is super creamy, it lasts long and the color is just perfect for my skin color.

As for the NYX soft matte lip cream, I got it in the shade Morocco 22 . I love this lip cream! The color is just gorgeous! You gotta make sure you exfoliate  your lips, so their super smooth or else it will look caky. This a great buy for $5.99 only!

SONY DSC

During the summer, I tend to wear shimmery eyeshadows more than winter. It’s just so much fun. This Buxom Mink Magnet has been my go to eyeshadow in August. It’s so pigmented and has just the right amount of shimmer. The color is just beautiful and works really well with my hazel eyes. I would definitely recommend this for hazel/brown and green eyes. It’s a little messy but it’s easy to blend and lasts the whole day!

SONY DSC

As for nail polishes, summer is usually the right time to experiment with fun and bright colors. I usually wear bright reds, pinks and oranges when I’m tanned. But I recently found this Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme in the shade 430 Royal Hue and decided to give it a try. The color looked so pretty in the bottle, I thought why not? I already have their Fuchsia Power and love the formula. The Royal hue is a little pastel-y but a lot more pigmented and it works well with my skin color. I also got a more subtle color, Giant Peach that I adore.

IMG-20150826-WA0002 IMG-20150826-WA0003

These were my favorite products this month, every month I’ll be sharing my favorites with you.Don’t forget to follow the blog so you don’t miss! And if you have any favorite new or old products share them with me!

1. August 31, 2015 / 11:24 am

great post . I love the colour of the blue nail varnish !!

• August 31, 2015 / 11:45 am

Thanks Kirsty! It’s such a pretty color, the photos don’t it justice. I’ve been wearing it ever since I got it and got lots of compliments on it!

2. August 31, 2015 / 11:50 am

Sally Hansen nail polishes are very good quality! 🙂 Good blog post 😀

3. August 31, 2015 / 12:32 pm

I’ve been wanting to try the Caudalie Foam Cleanser for a while now! I’m definitely going to give it a go 🙂 great favourites list!! xx

• August 31, 2015 / 2:19 pm

I would definitely recommend buying the small one first, to see if you like it. That’s what I always do with all the skin care products, because what works for others might not work for me.

4. August 31, 2015 / 3:31 pm

Oooo that’s so interesting that you picked becca over benefit’s watts up! I have previously heard that the benefit highlighter was amazing but had always been put off by the price tag! Xx

• August 31, 2015 / 3:33 pm

I still use both honestly, but I prefer the effect that the becca one gives. More dewy looking. But I still love the What’s up too. Depends on the day.

5. August 31, 2015 / 6:49 pm

Omg I’m so obsessed with the the Tarte Guard sunscreen. It’s SO moisturizing and I feel really good putting it on my skin. I’m also really curious about the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. I have theBalm Mary Lou Manizer and while I love it, I’m more into dewy/cream products, so I’ve been dying to try this out instead of a powder highlight. I also used to have the Watt’s Up and loved the way it looked. How is the lasting power on the KVD lipstick? I love the packaging and shade range, but don’t know if they last long. Great post! I think I’m also going to browse the nail polish section and pick up some Sally Hansen 🙂

• August 31, 2015 / 10:26 pm

You should definitely try the Becca highlighter. The KVD is great. It last long, just a little touch up after food.
      I love the Sally Hansen, the shades are great and it last long without chipping.

• September 1, 2015 / 1:37 am

Thanks! I think I’m going to wait for the Sephora VIB sale and then I’ll grab the KVD and Becca

6. August 31, 2015 / 9:01 pm

Wow that nail color “Royal Hue” just stole my heart <3 so BEAUTIFUL. Great post and blog sweetheart

Xo
    Tami

7. August 31, 2015 / 9:29 pm

Need to try out those cream/liquid becca highlights! Great post 🙂

8. August 31, 2015 / 10:01 pm

Hey!! Cool post. I love the lip cream colour!! NYX seems to be a popular brand o. Here but I’ve never tried it. Think I might! And I have a very similar nail polish colour to you hehe 🙂

9. August 31, 2015 / 10:22 pm

Gorgeous post! Loved all your favorites, especially the Kat Von D lipstick! It looks like a such a beautiful everyday shade! 🙂
    Mariangela <3

10. September 1, 2015 / 8:19 am

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Do you mix the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector with your foundation or just dab it on where you want it? I almost bought that, but opted for the Champagne Pop 🙂 I’ll have to check out the Buxom Mink Magnet, it looks like it is right up my alley (and it’ll slightly match about 10 other shadows I have)!

• September 1, 2015 / 9:48 am

I usually just blend it on top of the foundation on my cheekbones, but I think you can mix it with the foundation. But I don’t really recommend to apply it all over the face specially the Tzone.

11. September 1, 2015 / 8:48 am

Ah I would like to try the Becca shimmer! I love the quality and pigments in Beccas Products! Good job!

12. September 1, 2015 / 10:32 am

I have yet to try the Caudalie cleanser, but have really enjoyed their other products I’ve tried. I’m a Bay Area native living on the East Coast so I am extremely jealous of that Philz 🙂

13. September 1, 2015 / 11:50 am

Really enjoyed this post and I think I will be heading online to try out some of these products too! Especially detox mask and face cleanser as I have oily skin too and haven’t found the best product for it yet!!
    Good job!! Xx

14. September 3, 2015 / 4:14 pm

I love NYX lip products! The Kat Von D lipstick is a beautiful shade. Great picks this month! 🙂

15. Pingback: Acne No More |