My Lipstick Stash

I recently went through a serious “de-cluttering” phase. From my closet to my vanity, I sorted through all my things and got rid of anything I’m not using anymore. By doing this, I found out I have a serious problem of accumulating a ton of lipstick (some of which should’ve been thrown out ages ago).

Lipstick Stash

Even though I struggled to throw away some lipsticks, it had to be done! I mean you never know when a girl needs 4 different lipsticks in the exact same shade… Although I still kept one too many (in R’s opinion, not mine), I promised myself to try to use all of them at least once this month. Do you think I’ll do it or just use the same lipsticks over and over again? let me know!

Lipstick Stash

When I was rearranging my collection, I couldn’t help but notice that I tend to buy only 2 colors. There’s red of course (from bright to deep berry) and nude, with an occasional coral here and there. You can say that my lipstick game is pretty predictable.

Lipstick Stash

If I had to pick, my all time favorites from my collection, MAC in the shade “Only You” (from the Ellie Goulding collection) is my all time favorite nude/everyday lipstick. YSL in the shade 14 is my favorite summery lipstick. It’s such a beautiful bright Coral shade that looks amazing with a tan.

Lipstick Stash

As for the reds, it was honestly a super easy choice. The Marc Jacobs in “Dashing” takes the #1 spot. Even though it’s matte it’s so creamy and doesn’t dry out the lips. The color is an absolutely gorgeous saturated red and it will last you a long time, even after eating!

What are your all time favorite lipsticks? Do you also have a certain range of shades that you stick to or are you more adventurous? Let me know in the comments!

1. January 18, 2016 / 10:25 am

I love red lipstick!! I don’t wear it to work though… it’s just a bit too much… so on workdays I wear… nude colours!

• January 31, 2016 / 12:01 am

When will be socially acceptable to wear red lipsticks all the time? ohh I only wish! heheh

• January 31, 2016 / 1:44 am

You’re so right!!! I vow to you know… tomorrow I will wear my red lippie 😉 the hell with what they think! On Monday I can always use a bit of extra oomph 😀 Love, Kathleen

2. January 18, 2016 / 11:47 am

nil this stash excited me, great post! look forward to seeing more 🙂

3. January 18, 2016 / 11:52 am

Wow, that’s a lot of lipstick! I have a grand total of…one. 🙂
    I do enjoy wearing makeup but I often just wear a Burt’s Bees tinted chapstick. I’d like to start wearing lipstick though — Bobbi Brown ones are nice.

• January 30, 2016 / 11:59 pm

For a long time I used to have one or two lipsticks, but recently I found myself wearing them more and more. What’s the one that you have?

• January 31, 2016 / 4:04 am

I have Bobbi Brown’s Spring Pink lipstick. It’s a pretty colour, ideal for spring (as the name suggests). 🙂

• January 31, 2016 / 9:56 pm

I just checked it online, looks so pretty! Maybe I should get for Spring lol!

4. January 18, 2016 / 1:13 pm

I love high tea by Mac- perfect combo of pink and nude. I need a few red staples tho- thanks for the post!

5. January 19, 2016 / 5:26 pm

I love lipsticks too! In my opinion, they finish an outfit! -Beauty At Its Finest (beautyatitsfinest.com ; beautyatitsfinest.ca)

6. January 19, 2016 / 5:29 pm

I LOVE pink lipsticks and lip glosses! I have SO many, too many in others opinion but for me I could never have enough! :p hahah -Annabel Annunziata (annabelannunziata.com)

7. January 19, 2016 / 11:04 pm

I’m not much of a lipstick person but I always stick to the same/similar shades of lip tints. I feel like you’ll probably only end up only using your favorites haha

Vicky

• January 30, 2016 / 11:56 pm

Shockingly I haven’t tried any Bobbi Brown lipsticks yet, but I definitely would love to! Which shade do you recommend or love the most?

• January 30, 2016 / 11:55 pm

Same here but I recently fell for a beautiful brown, never thought I would!