5 Tips For A Happier You

We all go through times where we just feel down, tired and generally unhappy. Whether you’ve had a bad experience, or it’s just that time of the month, there’s a few things you can do to pick yourself up and feel happy again!

IMG_0053

Exercise! I know, I know, you hate it… but bear with me. I used to hate exercising like a “God, no, please! Don’t make me!” type of hate. I started slow and every week I added a set or two to the time where now I easily spend around 40 mins daily exercising, and guess what? I look forward to it! Exercising has actually been proven scientifically to make you feel happier, as it helps release the “happy hormones” also known as endorphins. If you hate the gym, join a dancing class or just blast some music and dance around for 15-20 minutes! Exercising is not only great for your body but also for your mind.

IMG_0054

Get outside! I’m lucky to call California my home, where the weather is beautiful pretty much year round. Now that the warm and drier months have arrived, you have no excuse to not take advantage and get outdoors. Go for a little walk or a picnic in the park or the beach! Nothing really beats fresh crisp air filling your lungs. Getting in touch with nature will immediately help you get in zen mode and improve your mood.

IMG_0040

IMG_0056

IMG_0035

Take some time for “me”. We’re all living hectic, fast paced lives, where we sometimes forget to take some time for ourselves. Book a mani-pedi session, or cuddle up with a book in your bed. Some “me” time is important for you to be happy. Listen to your body and know when it needs to just sit back, take a bath and spend the day doing nothing but pampering!

IMG_0095

Surround yourself with positive vibes. Whether it’s a bad relationship or a negative friendship, every once in a while you should re-evaluate things and see if you deserve better. Positive and happy people will lift your spirit up. So when you’re feeling down, call up that person that always makes you laugh and spend some time with them. It’s simple; negative people will bring you down and positive people lift you up!

IMG_0120

Get a hobby. Finding something that your passionate about will not only help keep your mind off what’s bringing you down, but it’s also a great way to feel more fulfilled. Try cooking with your partner at home or joining a painting class, just find what your passionate about and make it your hobby. You don’t have to excel at it, heck you can even suck at it, it’s all just for fun!

IMG_0030

Dress Urban Outfitters, Heels Lulu’s, Hat Forever 21 similar, Picnic Basket

I hope you find this post helpful and always remember happiness comes from within. We choose what affects us and what doesn’t. There’s always light at the end of every tunnel, and I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Even the lowest parts of my past have helped me get where I am today, and I’m grateful for that.

Keep smiling and soldier on!

May 25, 2016 / 1:31 pm

Thank you Maria! You’re so sweet!

May 25, 2016 / 1:31 pm

I totally agree with you! Thanks for stopping by!

May 25, 2016 / 1:32 pm

I’m so glad you agree with me on those tips Amber! They come from personal experience as well!

May 25, 2016 / 1:32 pm

Thanks Carolina! I wanted them to reflect the concept and theme of the post.

May 25, 2016 / 1:33 pm

I’m glad that exercising helped you as well. Finding a group of people that you love is a great motivation to exercise too!

1. May 25, 2016 / 9:09 am

Great tips! I would love to see, in the future, some suggestions on how to motivate yourself to do these things, because when you are unhappy it can be difficult to motivate yourself to do even simple things like eating regularly.

These types of tips can definitely be very helpful though. Thanks for sharing!

May 25, 2016 / 1:34 pm

Great idea Katie! I will definitely work on it.

May 25, 2016 / 1:35 pm

I’m glad you found it useful Lacey! Yellow makes me happy too, it’s such a happy and bright color!

May 25, 2016 / 1:36 pm

Thanks Sasha! You should definitely visit Cali, it’s absolutely gorgeous!

May 25, 2016 / 1:36 pm

Haha yeah, i guess it does, it’s because of the color. Yellow is such a happy color.

May 25, 2016 / 1:37 pm

Thank you so much! Have a great happy day!

May 25, 2016 / 1:38 pm

Thank you Shauna, you’re so sweet!

May 25, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Thank you Vanessa! Have a happy day!

Tamara –

May 25, 2016 / 1:39 pm

Thanks Maray, I’m glad you liked it!

2. Amy Arnold
    May 25, 2016 / 11:17 am

Great tips. I love this dress. It makes me happy. 🙂

May 25, 2016 / 1:40 pm

Thanks Amy! Yellow does make everyone happy, doesn’t it?

Have a happy day!

May 25, 2016 / 1:41 pm

Thank you for stopping by Marina!

3. May 25, 2016 / 11:48 am

So glad i came by your blog to read this , i try as much as possible to do some exercise at least 3 times a week but now that you’ve mentioned how it helps to keep you less worried or depressed i might have to take it up a notch . I love getting my nails done too. Once one is happy everything else falls into place . Your dress is giving me so much life and i really love the California weather too. You look amazing dear.

May 25, 2016 / 1:43 pm

Just a simple body movement will do great things for your mind and body too. I totally agree with you, once your happy everything else falls into place!

I’m glad you’re loving the dress! Thank you for stopping by Uzo!

Have a happy day!

4. May 25, 2016 / 11:50 am

Great post, Tamara! Not to mention that a bright colored, beautiful gown can always add to the happiness! I saw this at the UO by me and it instantly caught my eye. It looks beautiful on you!

There is something so nice about getting outside, especially here in California. And I TOTALLY agree on learning a new hobby. It can get scary, but as you reach small milestones, it is such a wonderful feeling! Keep the vibes positive, girl – like attracts like! xx Shannon

May 25, 2016 / 1:46 pm

I bright yellow dress can add some happiness, I immediately smile when I put it on! Yellow is the color of happiness.

So true, reaching small milestones will make you feel fulfilled and content!

Thanks for stopping by Shannon! Have a great happy day!

5. May 25, 2016 / 11:51 am

This is a lovely post, thank you for sharing it.

May 25, 2016 / 1:46 pm

Thanks for reading Keely!

May 25, 2016 / 1:46 pm

I’m glad that you do Briana!

May 25, 2016 / 1:47 pm

Thank you Paola!

May 25, 2016 / 1:47 pm

Thank you Shveta, everyone needs a dress like that! It instantly put a smile on the face!

May 25, 2016 / 1:48 pm

Thank you!

May 25, 2016 / 1:48 pm

Thank you Keri, I’m glad you agree with me!

May 25, 2016 / 1:48 pm

I’m glad you do Angie!

May 25, 2016 / 1:49 pm

Thank you Katherine! I died over it too when I first saw it!

May 25, 2016 / 1:50 pm

Thank you Lindsey! You’ll never regret a workout, I promise you’ll feel amazing after it!

May 25, 2016 / 1:51 pm

Thank you Amanda, glad you liked them!

May 25, 2016 / 1:52 pm

I’m glad you do Beth! Thank you!

May 25, 2016 / 1:52 pm

Oww, thank you Val!

6. May 25, 2016 / 1:36 pm

I definitely agree that being outside can make you way more happy! I always feel more energetic and happy after soaking up sun. Your sun dress is beautiful and love how it twirls
    Carly from Dresses & Denim

May 25, 2016 / 1:53 pm

So do I! Vitamin D is crucial for a happy life ! I love how it twirls too, I barely stood still for some photos. All I wanted to do is dance around in it!

May 25, 2016 / 1:53 pm

Thank you for reading Faye!

7. May 25, 2016 / 2:45 pm

Absolutely love that yellow floral dress. Yellow is the happiest color for sure! Also, that picnic basket is perfect!

xx freshfizzle

8. May 25, 2016 / 3:59 pm

Great tips, and very true, we all need to do these!
    Pretty dress, you look beautiful!

besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

9. May 25, 2016 / 5:18 pm

The pictures are so fitting with the post, exercise is a great tip that I should follow more often. You look lovely!

istylelooks.blogspot.com

10. Shannon Jenkins
    May 25, 2016 / 6:23 pm

This dress is stunning on you! In love with the yellow and florals!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

11. May 25, 2016 / 6:31 pm

I want to start ‘exercising’ more … but maybe something that can also be my hobby – like running or yoga. It is so hard to start up and get in the habit, but I have found in the past once I’m in a routine it is the greatest feeling in the world. Thank you for this post because it is giving me that little bit more motivation I needed ♡ dynamicbohemian.com

12. May 25, 2016 / 8:45 pm

All of these are great tips! Definitely try to make a conscious effort to do each one daily!

13. May 26, 2016 / 12:58 am

What a great post! Thank you so much for this. The most important thing in my opinion to makes you happy is that thinking positively 🙂

Liz

14. May 26, 2016 / 8:18 am

You look absolutely beautiful, Tamara! I love that dress, the color and print are so lovely. I also love and agree with the tips you’ve shared here. I exercise everyday, too, and I always feel great afterwards, especially after doing some sort of cardio. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you’re having a great day so far!

15. Mili
    May 26, 2016 / 8:37 am

Thanks for all the tips! I love this dress 🙂 The colors and slit are so cute!

Mili | Sharmtoaster

16. May 26, 2016 / 9:17 am

I agree with all of these, especially the importance of listening to your body and knowing when and how to take care of yourself. It makes such a huge difference in terms of general mindset and well being. I adore your dress, you look absolutely gorgeous in it!

17. May 26, 2016 / 10:08 am

Having positive people around is definitely one of the important step for being happy. Positive people give positive energy. When I am feeling down, I tend to create some me time which includes long walks and good pampering 🙂

Ela BellaWorld

18. May 26, 2016 / 11:32 am

This is such a great post Tamara! I really enjoyed reading it, and if your steps don’t help then im sure your dress will help cheer up a few people.

xo Britney

19. May 26, 2016 / 11:45 am

Loving your tips! Getting outside and taking time for myself is so important. Loving this dress you are wearing too. The whole thing fits so perfectly with this post haha.

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

20. May 26, 2016 / 11:47 am

OMG, I just read another blog with exercise on the list as well! I swear by it! Of course it’s work but that endorphin release is palpable and addictive!
    Love your pictures and that dress is gorgeous!

21. May 26, 2016 / 1:27 pm

This post is very nice and you look amazing! I loved the dress, yellow is such a positive color! It’s true, I hate gym, but I know it has benefits… and also, positive vibes are always so important… another thing you said, is about toxic friendships… I have a toxic friend and for years she tries to put me down all the time… then obviously I try to step back and finally I admitted to myself, that I don’t want this “friendship”. It’s not easy, but needed, to avoid negative people. Your post is simply fantastic! Hope you have a very nice weekend!
    DenisesPlanet.com

22. May 26, 2016 / 5:26 pm

Great dress and lovely hat! I actually love to exercise because I used to be a jock and tomboy, but haven’t been able to do most of what I used to do for about 8-10 months and trying to restrengthen the muscle around my shoulder injury. I went 9-12 hours a week, so it was a huge lifestyle change and I completely miss sweating it out, so I total envy you right now and it’s so great that you enjoy it 🙂

Xo,
    Miki

23. May 26, 2016 / 6:40 pm

First of all, that dress would instantaneously make me more joyful. Taking a walk outside with sunshine & nature is one of my favorite pick me ups. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

24. May 26, 2016 / 8:12 pm

This provided some great inspiration, and the dress looks incredible!

25. May 26, 2016 / 9:57 pm

I love all of your little tips! Getting outside and doing something I genuinely love always does the trick for me 🙂 Also, you look very beautiful in these photos! x

The Nerdy Me

26. May 26, 2016 / 11:09 pm

Thanks for your share, and the long yellow dress is very beautiful and charming

27. Siffat Haider
    May 27, 2016 / 4:52 am

Wow, these pictures are absolutely stunning. This shade of yellow is beautiful on you and truly evokes happiness! Thanks for the tips, I totally agree with them!
    xo
    Siffat

28. May 27, 2016 / 9:12 am

Amazing tips lady! You are so pretty and I love that yellow maxi! Makes me want to jump around in the grass. I really need to start working out!! Ha!

Xox Dana Ivy // http://www.iadorewhatilove.com

29. May 27, 2016 / 10:11 am

So beautiful, nice pictures, I love it.Amazing

30. June 7, 2016 / 11:09 pm

I agree! Sometimes, all we need is a breather and to keep in mind that happiness is a state of mind. You look stunning in that yellow dress, btw. ♥

31. ruth
    June 8, 2016 / 3:34 pm

You look amazing.I love the dress and the photos are great.Perfect read and good tips.

32. June 14, 2016 / 5:31 pm

As they say, happiness is an inside job. This is the problem why a lot of people find it so hard to be happy. They always look to the outside. And these tips of yours will be good for some reflecting!

PS – love that dress too!!

Abby | Life in the Fash Lane