Lace For Days

One of the most sensual fabrics ever created, is lace. Skin peaking through the hollow material is wholly feminine and sultry. No wonder it’s is so closely associated with lingerie.

IMG_0626

When I look for a timeless piece to add to my wardrobe, almost every time I end up picking lace as the fabric. Ever since it made it’s debut on the fashion scene, it has never gone out of style. Even though this particular top is a little more “à la mode”, it will still be on trend years from now.

IMG_0621 IMG_0635

IMG_0572

I’m really picky when it comes to lace. I feel it’s really easy to tell the difference between cheaply made lace and that of better quality. Unfortunately, cheap looking lace, even just in small details, can ruin an entire outfit. If the material and the pattern are of a bad grade they can instantly look low-end and cheap. So make sure that the material isn’t flimsy and there’s no loose threads flying left and right.

IMG_0595My favorite part of this top is the sleeves. The ruffles and bell shape add a touch of boho to the top. Because there’s so much sheer going on, the sleeves help balancing out the sexiness with a touch of free spirt bohemian.

IMG_0567

As a crop top is pretty revealing all by itself, I like to wear it with high waisted bottoms. In my opinion, showing little skin is sensual, a little too much is un-lady like and can be cheap. These high waisted pants came in handy in so any occasion. They’re classic cut, so you can wear them to brunch with the gals, on a date or even a job interview. They’re definitely a wardrobe essential.

IMG_0612

Lace Top Nasty Gal, Pants Zara, Heels H&M similar save or splurge.

Do you love lace as much as I do? What’s your favorite fabric? I’d love to know!

1. June 6, 2016 / 7:35 am

I love lace – although given that I worked as a lingerie fitter for nearly two years, I guess that’s not surprising! I love the cut of this top – it’s sensual, but like you said, doesn’t show too much skin – perfect for pairing with high waisted bottoms!
    I think silk is probably my favourite fabric, it is so simple but so elegant!

francesca | francescasophia.co.uk xx

2. Ivona
    June 6, 2016 / 9:14 am

I love lace, and you are right, it is such a feminine seductive fabric. You look great wearing it!
    Ivona from http://www.thesmokedetector.net
    xoxo

3. June 6, 2016 / 9:27 am

In love with this top.. you look amazing! Would love to keep in contact if you want to follow each other! x

adelelydia.blogspot.com

4. Bailey Schwartz
    June 6, 2016 / 11:22 am

That top is so sassy and it looks stunning on you! Thanks so much for sharing!

xoxo,
    Bailey
    Here’s The Skinny

5. June 6, 2016 / 11:26 am

WOW! This look is so stunning. Sexy yet feminine. I totally agree with lace – such a sultry fabric but you HAVE to go with the high-quality lace. The neckline and ruffled sleeves are incredible! x Shannon

6. June 6, 2016 / 11:57 am

Wow, what a really sexy outfit. You look great and can totally wear this lace shirt 🙂
    I would be very happy to stay in touch! Let me know if you wanna follow each other on bloglovin, or just follow me and I will follow back : )
    Xx
    Larissa
    conscious lifestyle of mine

7. June 6, 2016 / 12:45 pm

You look absolutely gorgeous, Tamara! I adore that laced top and you’re so right, it will be a staple for years to come, all things lace are! I also adore your hair styled this way and your makeup looks flawless, you’re such a beauty! Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

8. June 6, 2016 / 6:38 pm

What a beautiful statement piece!!!! I love lace, and this piece is so different than anything I have in my closet! It’s really beautiful. Thanks for sharing your look!

Jess

9. Jessica
    June 6, 2016 / 7:22 pm

This top is stunning! Love all the lace and how you styled it!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

10. June 6, 2016 / 9:37 pm

I am IN LOVE with this outfit! I’m also super picky about lace and find that it often doesn’t quite fit right and lay flat. This top looks like it was tailored to your body. Stunning!

11. June 7, 2016 / 6:05 am

A really elegant look, nice and stylish. Greetings!

12. June 7, 2016 / 8:46 am

I love lace.Your crop top looks so amazing.You look so stylish and perfect.
    http:sophieatieno.com

13. June 7, 2016 / 10:26 am

Certainly best way to wear lace in day time, looks really good.
    GlamupGirls

14. June 7, 2016 / 1:14 pm

Lace looks beautiful, I don’t have many lace pieces as it is not my favourite fabric. I prefer cotton or silky clothes more 🙂 x

Ela BellaWorld

15. June 7, 2016 / 10:03 pm

the outfit looks so sexy! wow

16. June 8, 2016 / 1:34 am

Wooow! Nice look & you can definitely wear it!
    xxbina
    stryleTZ

17. June 8, 2016 / 10:28 am

Lovely top and shoes. My favourite fabric would be cotton. I like it’s versatility BUT lace is definitely right up there. Like you said it’s totally sexy and a little bit of skin keeps them guessing ; ) .

18. June 8, 2016 / 12:13 pm

Beautiful! I totally agree with all the points you’ve made about lace here. Your eye make up looks so gorgeous, and is the perfect touch with this look.

XO,Gina

19. June 8, 2016 / 12:48 pm

Such a beautiful top lovely!! I’m so obsessed with lace!! You look incredible!! Xx

20. June 9, 2016 / 5:24 am

Ahh babe you look so so stunning! A little sexy but yet super glamorous! I adore those sleeves!

Sophie xx

21. June 10, 2016 / 10:32 am

You look amazing! I love the trousers, and that top is really sexy!
    Hope you’ll have a nice weekend!
    Much love,
    Mona
    curlsncakes.blogspot.com

22. June 12, 2016 / 3:53 pm

Love this top! you look amazing x

Millie x
    queenmillie.blogspot.com

23. Amy Arnold
    June 15, 2016 / 9:49 am

This lace bell sleeve top is amazing!