My Love For Intimate Apparel

I vividly remember opening my mom’s closet and falling in love with her long nightgowns made of silk & lace. She had a particular white night gown that was so beautifully made, it looked like a wedding dress. From that time on, my love for intimate apparel has grown even more.

IMG_1301

IMG_1302

What I love most about intimate apparel is that it’s exceptionally feminine and sensual. Made mostly with silk, lace and see-through materials, once put on you’ll immediately feel more seductive. There’s even studies showing that wearing sexy underwear underneath your clothes boosts confidence levels!

Even though I might not wear night gowns every night, I tend to throw my kimono style robe over my pajamas that I got while I was in Thailand a few years back. The feel of silk against my skin is just a great feeling.

IMG_1300

No matter your shape or size, there’s something for everyone. Always choose pieces that will accentuate your best features, and make you feel & look the best. Opt for more refined styles and cuts and choose colors that are most flattering for your skin tone.IMG_1298

Good intimate apparel doesn’t have to be expensive. Even with a smaller budget you can find something that will make you look like a million bucks. Some of my favorite intimate apparel stores are on the more affordable side, such as La Vie En RoseOysho and of course Victoria’s Secret. If you’re budget allows you La Perla, Agent Provocateur and Journelle have exceptional pieces.

What are your thoughts on intimate apparel and lingerie? Do you like wearing them or do you prefer something more laid back?

1. Lenya
    June 15, 2016 / 7:17 am

I haven’t heard of this site but will check them out. You look so cute and kinda girly, adorable.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

2. June 15, 2016 / 7:25 am

Look beautiful! Intimate apparel sounds wonderful! x

Victoria | victoriaahelenn.blogspot.com

3. Bailey Schwartz
    June 15, 2016 / 7:50 am

I’m always looking for new, cute pjs! Thanks for the tips!

xoxo,
    Bailey

4. Bailey Schwartz
    June 15, 2016 / 7:51 am

I’m always looking for new, cute pjs! Thanks for the tips!

xoxo,
    Bailey
    Here’s The Skinny

5. June 15, 2016 / 9:05 am

You look beautiful and I love anything soft and comfy for night time.

Zunera-Serena.com

6. June 15, 2016 / 10:21 am

Really need to check out that website, they’re items look amazing! Love and feminine yet sensual they are! Perfect!

BLUSH & NOISE

7. June 15, 2016 / 10:59 am

I LOVE intimate apparel too! This might be weird but when I am home by myself, it is my favourite thing to work on the computer or binge on netflix. I’ve even found some pieces at Target! It just adds sucha glam vibe – and you are GORGEOUS. Srsly old hollywood glam over there! x Shannon

8. June 15, 2016 / 11:04 am

I have similar early memories of finding gorgeous silk and lace pieces in my mom’s drawers and thinking they were so lovely and grown up. I haven’t previously heard of several of these retailers and am excited to check them out as I’m definitely in the market for some new items!

9. Blaire
    June 15, 2016 / 11:32 am

What a beautiful and delicate piece of intimate apparel! You look fabulous!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

10. June 15, 2016 / 11:51 am

This is such a pretty and dreamy post girl! I love the pink color of this night dress – and it looks so great on you 🙂
    xx, Carmen – http://www.carmitive.com

11. June 15, 2016 / 2:22 pm

Really love your outfit ! xo
    Can we follow each other ? Let me know on my blog and I will follow back immediately xo

BLOG | GorisHelena

12. June 15, 2016 / 5:25 pm

gosh, you are gorgeous, girl! your hair looks so pretty up like this…you have the perfect hairline for a top knot. This is such a beautiful, feminine and classy way to feature intimates. Love it!
    XO, Gina

13. June 15, 2016 / 5:43 pm

My mom has one of those silk/satin night gowns too,and they are so so beautiful and i love the way they feel on the skin . This is such a lovely colour you have on.

14. June 15, 2016 / 5:56 pm

I feel like I don’t wear this enough but I need to! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

15. Britt+Whit
    June 15, 2016 / 10:09 pm

love this cute little number! so dreamy!

love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

16. June 15, 2016 / 10:27 pm

Such a cute nightie! I love silky and lacy intimate apparel. They instantly add some sensual appeal and make you feel great.
    Xo,
    Miki

17. June 16, 2016 / 7:24 am

You look gorgeous, Tamara; I love the all natural, sexy, confident vibe of these photos, too! To be honest, I’ve always loved the idea of lingerie, but always seem to forget about picking up some piece when I’m out shopping, I have to change this! I could definitely believe that wearing beautiful lingerie under your clothing would boost confidence, how can it not!? Especially considering the awesome tips you’ve shared! Thanks for sharing your favorite shops with us, I’ll have to remember to check them out when shopping for pieces! I hope you’re having an amazing week so far, beautiful!

18. Alice
    June 16, 2016 / 9:01 am

Intimates are always so gorgeous and feminine, they have a special place in my closet for sure! Gorgeous look!

xo, alice / T Y P E N U

19. June 16, 2016 / 10:24 am

I love beautiful nightgowns. I have a blue satin nightgown that feels really good during hot summer nights.

20. June 17, 2016 / 4:17 am

I absolutely love intimate clothing and lingerie. i always spoil myself to a new set, can’t stop buying lace and silk! you look so stunning. This colour is absolutely perfect for you x

21. June 19, 2016 / 1:00 am

So cute and very pretty! xx