Blue Is For Girls!

I’ve never been a big fan of pink… I’ve always liked blue more. Blue reminds me of the water, of the sea. My happy place.

IMG_1471

As humanity progresses, labeling people is becoming less and less acceptable, and gender is no longer strictly black and white. More labels, such as Zara, are releasing unisex or genderless collections. Pink is no longer a girls’ color and blue isn’t the boys’ shade of choice. Sex is no longer defined, in fashion at least, by a certain shape or specific color.

IMG_1460

I remember vividly being around 4 or 5 years old and crying my eyes out on Christmas when my brother’s present and mine got mixed up. See, I didn’t want a Barbie doll. I wanted my brother’s sherif’s set, but of course my brother didn’t want the doll either. For a long time, we were told to conform to a certain gender stereotype… But not anymore!

IMG_1484 IMG_1512It’s our responsibility to teach the new generation gender equality, so hopefully equal pay and other sexist problems will be history. One of my favorite true feminists is Emma Watson. Not only she’s a a great actress, she’s also a brilliant young lady, working hard for gender equality. One of my favorites quotes for her is “Gender equality not only liberates women but also men from prescribed gender stereotypes “. No gender or specific group of people will ever gain from any type of discrimination. To reach our full potential as individuals and entity, we should look at each other as unique people and not as just this or that.
IMG_1477

Let’s drop all the labels, and be kind to one another. Treat everyone with the respect they deserve!

IMG_1525

Top H&M sold out similar save or splurge. Jeans Banana Republic. Shoes Justfab. Clutch Calvin Klein similar save or splurge. Watch Burberry.

1. June 24, 2016 / 8:18 am

Very motivating post! I too prefer blue over pink. It defines me more…a little girly, yet still slightly tomboyish. I hate when things affiliated with specific genders; it’s so sexist to me! Like cleaning being a woman’s job and the outdoors being a man’s job…how foolish! I am definitely a feminist and believe we should be given equal respect like men are, whether it’s work or anything else. I could go on and on about this topic lol. But I’m in love with this outfit…love that blouse and those gladiator heels! Perfection 🙂

June 27, 2016 / 5:11 pm

I totally agree with you! Thankfully we weren’t born in the 1920’s or something at least nowadays we are mostly equal (but not quite yet either).

Thank you for stopping by Candace!

June 27, 2016 / 5:17 pm

Thank you Maria! It’s sad but thankfully a lot of people are working on fixing this problem!

June 27, 2016 / 5:20 pm

Glad you liked it Sheena!

June 27, 2016 / 5:29 pm

I’m glad you liked them Zelle!

June 27, 2016 / 5:32 pm

Thank you!

2. June 24, 2016 / 10:08 am

What a beautiful post! I love your message and couldn’t agree more that gender equality is so important for our present and future! I love this outfit and those shoes are amazing!!

Allison / Joy and Ivy

June 27, 2016 / 6:38 pm

I’m glad you liked the post Allison! Have a great day!

3. Amy Arnold
    June 24, 2016 / 10:21 am

I love blue too, and this combo is so great with your heels.

June 27, 2016 / 7:01 pm

Thank for stopping by Amy!

4. June 24, 2016 / 10:24 am

Gorgeous look !!! Love the heels and clutch ! <3

June 27, 2016 / 7:02 pm

Thank you Louann!

June 27, 2016 / 7:02 pm

Thanks Emma!

5. June 24, 2016 / 12:32 pm

I loved this post, I really think gender roles are outdated. I grew up around all boys and I was kind of expected to be one of the boys, I do love pink but it was never pushed on me as a child and I don’t think that pink defines me as a girl or woman but I do love me some pinky shades haha

Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

June 27, 2016 / 7:03 pm

I’m glad you liked the post Rosy!

6. June 24, 2016 / 1:30 pm

I have never been one who likes pink, no even when I was a child and my go to colours are always white, black, grey, beige and blue. I agree that time has changed, it’s no longer pink for girls and blue for boys and I think the change is a great thing. Love that off shoulder top on you and you pulled off this monotone look beautifully.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

June 27, 2016 / 7:04 pm

We’re definitely changing for the best. Thanks for stopping by Shireen!

June 27, 2016 / 7:04 pm

Thanks!

7. June 24, 2016 / 2:52 pm

Well said! I love blue too and your striped top is so cute!

Jill
    Doused In Pink

June 27, 2016 / 7:04 pm

Thanks Jill!

8. June 24, 2016 / 3:00 pm

You look stunning!
    I just love this outfit 🙂
    xx Katha
    showthestyle.blogspot.com

June 27, 2016 / 7:05 pm

Thank you Katha, I’m glad you do!

9. June 24, 2016 / 3:31 pm

I actually like pink over blue; but lately I’ve been loving any color as long as the style fits me! I love how Emma Watson is speaking up for feminism. It’s not only for #allwomen but for #allmen as well! Gender roles are so last century. Really. We should stop putting a gender on everything – like how pink is only for girls, etc. Nice post!

10. June 24, 2016 / 6:43 pm

This is beautifully said! I couldn’t agree more (and while I love pink now) I grew up hating pink and loving blue because I didn’t want liking pink to mean something about me.

Great post!

xo Bryn

11. Heidi
    June 24, 2016 / 8:18 pm

I think this is my favorite look of yours ever! That top is incredible, I’m going to have to check my local store. Just stunning, pinned:)

Heidi || Wishes & Reality

12. Parie Joshi
    June 25, 2016 / 12:53 am

You look incredible, I love those shoes!

Parie x
    classandglitter.com

13. June 25, 2016 / 8:20 am

Actually, up until the 20th century, blue was considered a girl color and pink was a boy color, because pink was a whited out version of red (the color of blood and warfare). Which is why the inside of the Ohio state house is painted pink. The more you know!

But seriously, great post girl! And I love this outfit. You look great in blue!

COLLEENWELSCH.COM

14. June 25, 2016 / 9:24 am

lovely post and that top is so beautiful! i love blue as well, navy is particular which is probably my second favourite colour after black! i’ve never been much of a pink girl either so i could completely relate.. great look overall x

15. June 25, 2016 / 9:55 am

You look so gorgeous girl, I love the blue heels!

My Vogue Style | ww.myvoguestyle.com

16. June 25, 2016 / 10:18 am

The seaside is also my happy place! I like pastel pink, but also blue since it’s such a pretty colour on everyone. Beautiful look!

xo

17. June 25, 2016 / 11:15 am

Wonderful post! I like your photos!
    Thank you for sharing!

Greetings ♥

Mona from Monalicious World

18. June 25, 2016 / 6:00 pm

I don’t dislike pink but I definitely like blue more and purple is my absolute favorite! LOVE your off the shoulder top girl!

Xox Dana Ivy // http://www.iadorewhatilove.com

19. June 25, 2016 / 11:04 pm

Love that top. You look gorgeous as always Tamara!
    Blue is apparently one of the favorite colors of mine and my hubby. So our daughter ends up wearing a lot of blues. Totally support the gender equality 🙂

Nisha | http://simplistique.com/

20. June 26, 2016 / 12:10 am

A lovely look and yes blue is definitely for girls! It’s my fave color since ever! 🙂 xoxo

21. aelinart
    June 26, 2016 / 12:19 am

Very lovely post , gender equality is important but I have feeling that people still need labels you are that and that and It’s kind a sad
    love your outfit
    galantosfun

22. Vildana Šuta
    June 26, 2016 / 3:54 am

Wow, your blog is amazing! I love it! xx
    Would you like to follow each other? If yes, please follow me on the both of my blogs and let me know in the comments of my newest posts so I can follow you ASAP.
    Have a great day!

Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

23. Hairwonderfulday
    June 26, 2016 / 5:08 am

Beautiful outfit and I am a huge fan of blue colour!!! Love your off shoulder top and of course it has to be sold out – grrrr!! Anyway, beautiful photos, amazing shoes and you look very radiant!

24. LOla
    June 26, 2016 / 5:56 am

wonderful top 🙂
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

25. June 26, 2016 / 8:14 pm

Even though I looove pink, I totally agree with you! I am trying to teach my daughter that she can like blue and play with toys that are ‘for boys’! Hopefully one day everyone will just be themselves with out the need for gender stereotypes and expectations!
    x Emily

26. June 26, 2016 / 11:37 pm

What a great read and wonderful post. I couldn’t agree more, equality for everyone and let’s ditch those stereotypes. Also love this outfit, blue is my fave colour!

Sxx

27. June 27, 2016 / 4:10 am

I love this.. you look so perfect! I am always looking for new blogger friends and I think your blog is lovely, let me know if you would like to follow each other and stay in touch! x

adelelydia.blogspot.com

28. June 27, 2016 / 5:18 am

Amazing look. So simple and chic! Love the sandals!

Love from Vienna
    Borislava from ColourClub.at

29. June 28, 2016 / 4:29 am

Really inspirational post ! I love Emma Watson too for opening up about gender equality! I really love the off the shoulder top you are wearing!!! So, perfect for summer and love how u wore it with cobalt heels! 🙂 http://www.afashionholicslife.blogspot.com

30. Erin
    June 28, 2016 / 5:50 am

I love wearing blue! But those heels are just totally beautiful. Obsessed, and now I want them haha

Erin || MakeErinOver

31. Lindsey Elyse
    June 28, 2016 / 12:16 pm

Love this outfit and I completely agree! Blue is one of my favourites as well, although when I was little I thought that pink/purple were simply because that’s all that was on the packaging of girls toys. I love love love your heels here – absolutely gorgeous!

Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

32. June 28, 2016 / 3:00 pm

I always loved pink, but I love blue too! You look so gorgeous here, love. And your heels are killer. Thanks so much for stopping by my site!

33. June 30, 2016 / 12:25 am

This is really cute <3

34. July 2, 2016 / 10:35 am

Same here, I’ve always liked blue a lot more than pink, and I used to like Legos way more than Barbies.
    This outfit is really up my street!