Lunch In Little Italy

Little Italy, is one of my favorite spots for spending a lazy Sunday in San Francisco. With lots of cafés trottoir style restaurants and coffee shops, it’s the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon people watching. Tourists swerving left and right, lost in their maps, locals coming from farmer’s markets and loud Italians catching up over an espresso, little Italy SF is one lively place.IMG_2369

Tucked in one of the busiest corners of little Italy, is a charming, modern looking, (Italian) restaurant, called Panta Rei. With eye catching and vibrant decor, and delicious looking food, almost everyone passing by stops to take a look.

DSC05793

We’ve passed by it so many times now, and finally decided to give it a try. DSC05792

Staring with the Frittura Mista: fried calamari, shrimp and zucchini combo. Sizzling hot, crunchy and tasty little bites, dipped in a delicious home made tartar sauce… A true mediterranean delicacy. DSC05801DSC05798

Sipping on some imported Italian wine from Toscany, we nibbled our aperitivo as we watched people pass by our table. It wasn’t too long before our main dishes arrived.

DSC05807

A Flat bread style white pizza, baked until the edges are charred, the real Italian way. With no red sauce, just lots and lots of mozzarella cheese toped with bresaola, arugula and shaved parmesan. Doughy, crispy and stringy!

And of course, a home made pasta… when in Rome, hun?!…

DSC05806

The parpadelle pasta with duck meat and a brandy pink sauce had good flavors but was drenched in a little too much oil for our taste.

DSC05809

Even though, it wasn’t quite the perfect Italian meal we’d hoped for, it was just nice having somewhat of a lazy Sunday in our favorite part of the city!IMG_2371

Green Off The Top similar here, jeans H&M, shoes Lulu’s similar here

How do you like to spend your Sundays? What are your favorite low key plans?

Follow me on Snapchat @loveofmode !

1. July 20, 2016 / 1:25 am

Wow that food looks very good, but I’m in love with your top! Absolutely amazing piece!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

• Tamara
      Author
      July 20, 2016 / 11:10 pm

Thanks for stopping by!

• Tamara
      Author
      July 20, 2016 / 11:11 pm

Thank you so much Simona!

2. July 20, 2016 / 1:59 am

The photos looked beautiful, food yummy and your green off the shoulder top is amazing! I’d love to see you share this look on my Midweek Inspo Linkup!

xo Sheree
    IG: @poshclassymom

• Tamara
      Author
      July 20, 2016 / 11:11 pm

Thank you Shireen!

3. July 20, 2016 / 2:44 am

What a lovely dining place Tamara! And you blend so well with the place in your outfit 🙂

4. Bárbara Marques
    July 20, 2016 / 3:49 am

What a cute place. And the food looks simply delicious 🙂

MY KIND OF JOY

5. July 20, 2016 / 7:42 am

Wow, that food looks incredible, I’m starving now!!
    Have a lovely day 🙂
    Rosanna x

6. July 20, 2016 / 9:18 am

First, I absolutely love that top… it’s so pretty and the color is perfect! Second, I love Little Italy’s and this food has made me so hungry!! That calamari and the parpadelle pasta look so delicious!

7. Amy Arnold
    July 20, 2016 / 11:19 am

This does look like the perfect spot for lunch! You look so pretty in green.

8. July 20, 2016 / 12:00 pm

I haven’t visited this spot yet, but it looks absolutely lovely. I love your top by the way! Going to need to try this restaurant though. The calamari looks amazing!

Meghan | BeyondBasicBlog.com

9. July 20, 2016 / 12:01 pm

Really looks like a wonderful place to a nice lunch. I have never been to little Italy but I have been to Italiy twice and always loved the food a looooot 🙂
    Thank you so much for your last comment!
    Xx
    Larissa
    conscious lifestyle of mine

10. July 20, 2016 / 12:43 pm

I miss the Bay area sometimes. Definitely used to love North Beach area. The flat bread pizza looks delicious. Thanks for your lovely comment, lady! /Madison xx
    FASHION TALES

11. Anna
    July 20, 2016 / 2:12 pm

Your blous is absolutely amazing! I love all summer outfit!
    Greetings from MissGrey Romania – http://bit.ly/2a6Tpjd

12. July 20, 2016 / 3:04 pm

Wow, the food looks amazing and so do you, girlie! I LOVE green on you, you should definitely wear it more often! I don’t recall seeing many off the shoulders in this color, so it’s very unique! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you’re having a great week so far!

13. Biana
    July 20, 2016 / 4:43 pm

We have a little italy here too and I love the fresh pasta and delicious food! Takes me back to Rome! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

14. July 20, 2016 / 9:38 pm

Wow that place look really good! I love the decor and vibe:) I used to live in San Francisco back when I was studying at Academy of Art and I believe me I miss this city EVERY DAY! So you are a lucky girl <3 I love your look btw!
    XO
    Erika

15. July 20, 2016 / 11:30 pm

I didn’t even know SF had a little Italy. Bad idea reading this post right before bed because now I’m starving lol! All your food pictures are so mouthwatering! I will definitely need to check out this spot the next time I’m in town!

xoxo
    Rina

16. Lizza
    July 21, 2016 / 8:17 am

Looks so good the food … nice place and I love your top. Thanks for stopping on my blog

xx LL

17. July 21, 2016 / 10:09 am

This place is adorable! I will have to try it out – currently drooling over that ‘mari. LOVING the green top and the glasses! Hopefully we will run into each other one of these days in the city! 😉 xx Shannon

18. July 21, 2016 / 5:46 pm

Everything looks delish!!! you look lovely and your photos are really nice!

19. Megan
    July 21, 2016 / 6:06 pm

If I lived here, Little Italy would be a frequent place for my weekends. That food has me feeling all types of hungry!

Megan
    Denton & Lou

20. July 22, 2016 / 1:51 am

Most of the time I try to have lazy Sunday, then I am ready for the new week without being tired. With Italian food it is kinda hard to find a really good restaurant, most of them say that they do the best. Even though it wasn’t as how you expected it to be, food looks absolutely delicious!

Ela BellaWorld