Beat The Heat – Las Vegas Edition

As you may know if you follow me on snapchat (@loveofmode), I’ve been in Las Vegas for a few days now… And let me tell you, the heat is unbearable!

Coming form a rather “cool” summer in San Francisco to an extremely boiling weather in Las Vegas was definitely a shock… Thankfully I came prepared!

i

The number one must in a hot weather is waterproof make up, especially mascaras. As my makeup is very minimal during the hot weather, a waterproof mascara is my absolute must. In 115+ degrees, even if it’s not humid your mascara will run down your face in seconds. My favorite is the Dior Diorshow waterproof mascara, not only does it stays put the whole day, it also make your lashes look ah-mazing!

IMG_2867

Secondly, to survive the hot weather, you need a face mist! There are a hundred and one face mists out there, my personal favorite is just organic (or DYI) rose water! Spray it on your face for an instant cooling and hydrating effect!

IMG_2869 IMG_2874

Pick your fabric! Polyester and other synthetics will overheat you. In hot weather, cotton and linen are your best friends. They breathe, letting the air flow through the fabric, which will keep you refreshed and cool! Also, stay away from tight clothes and opt for something more flowy and airy!
IMG_2854

Dress Asos (on sale), sandals Topshop, Hat Forever 21

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drinking water and lots of it, will not only keep you well hydrated but it will also help you fight the heat. Nothing better than a refreshing cup of water or juice on a hot summer day.

Of course there are also the obvious tips, keep your sun exposure to a minimum and always wear sunscreen.

I hope everyone stays refreshed and cool this summer!

1. July 29, 2016 / 6:42 am

Love your hat, I am just a fun of hats. I am totally agree regarding fabrics. I like to buy only clothes which are made from cotton, silk, wool and chasmere.

2. July 29, 2016 / 6:06 pm

I too live in a very hot weather and your tips are excellent to survive here. I always try to stick to cotton or linen in summer months and drink lots of water. I love that asos dress and you look so pretty on it. I hope you had a wonderful time in Las Vegas despite the heat. Have a great weekend sweetie <3

xoxo Eva | http://www.evakindles.com

3. July 30, 2016 / 12:43 am

Living in a subtropical climate I definitely know what extremely boiling weather feels like ! I definitely stay away from synthetics fabrics and waterproof mascara is also a must! great round up of reminders to get through the hot summer 😉

Have a great weekend!
    ♥ Josune @ Your Beauty Script

4. July 30, 2016 / 12:43 am

you look gorgeous! I love the blue tones in your dress and shoes! 🙂

Metallic Paws

5. July 31, 2016 / 6:52 pm

Yes, sunscreen is my absolute must for hot summer days! Especially spf lip balm. I gotta have that! Love your dress! It is the perfect choice for hot weather.

~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

6. August 1, 2016 / 3:40 pm

I’ve heard great things about that Dior mascara…I think I need to try it! It’s been a hot summer where I am too….I work in an non air conditioned classroom, so I am going to try some of these! You look gorgeous and I love your shoes!

-Court

7. August 2, 2016 / 10:42 am

I love your tea dress cute design, the baby blue suites you. People keep saying Vegas is extremely hot, so waterproof mascara sounds like the obvious choice, good tips : ) xoxo

8. August 9, 2016 / 5:33 pm

I just got a dress that looks a bit like yours here. Seeing how cute it is on you, it makes me excited to get the dress even more!!

Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

9. August 17, 2016 / 9:05 am

I love this lace up sweater and have one in grey too that I can’t wait to wear in the cooler months. Those jeans are amazing and love the frays on them. Love this outfit! xoxo, Christine