How To Survive A Blogging Conference – BlogHer Edition

If you follow me on Snapchat @loveofmode, you know by now that last week I attended the BlogHer conference in Los Angeles. Not only was it my first Blogher, it was also the first ever blog related conference I’ve taken part in.IMG_3129

Needless to say, I was extremely excited and somewhat anxious as I didn’t know what to really expect. After reading a lot of articles and doing my research, I made a list of essentials for attending any convention, especially Blogher. You’ll find bellow some key items & tips which will help you survive a conference.

IMG_3133

First and foremost, business cards. I wasn’t totally pleased with my card’s design, but it was still much better having them than none at all. Business cards are a token for brands and colleagues to remember you long after the conference. Even if it’s just a simple design, a business card is a must at a conference!

IMG_3120Hotels can be expensive, especially where the conference is taking place. To save some money, book a room or entire flat through Airbnb. This year BlogHer was taking place at the JW Marriott in downtown L.A. and the rooms weren’t cheap. As I was going with R (who had business in the city) we booked a gorgeous loft in DTLA, which is only a 10 min walk away. It was bigger than any room at the hotel and costed half as much. It was also located in the middle of the fashion district and surrounded by the cutest coffee shops and restaurants. Both R & I fell in love with this gorgeous space, I mean how could you not?IMG_3117

Also make sure you pack some conference’s musts:

• A small snack for when you get peckish
  • Bandages
  • Dr. Scholl’s anti-friction stick
  • A pen
  • Mints
  • A small makeup bag for retouching
  • Mini perfume

IMG_3132

Remember that at a blogging conference you’re representing your brand. Make sure to stay true to it and be presentable. Get a manicure, style your hair and smell good! Pay attention to your attire and make sure your looks reflect your brand!

IMG_3131

Top H&M, skirt White House Black Market sold out similar, sandals Topshop, Chloe inspired bag Forever 21 similar or real

Have you been to conferences before? If so share your tips!

August 10, 2016 / 5:36 pm

Me too! Isn’t just gorgeous?

August 10, 2016 / 5:37 pm

It was indeed amazing! If you get the chance you should definitely try to catch the next one!

August 10, 2016 / 5:37 pm

Thank you Maray!

August 10, 2016 / 5:37 pm

I did! Thank you for stopping by Merel!

1. August 10, 2016 / 5:03 am

What a lovely little flat! And great tips on attending a conference. Especially when it comes to running a blog/website, it’s so important to represent yourself and really think about what you look like/seem like. You’re kind of selling your personality! Xx

August 10, 2016 / 5:38 pm

Unfortunately some people forget that they are the brand and they should reflect it. Thank you for stopping by!

2. August 10, 2016 / 5:06 am

This outfit is too pretty! And I love these photos…the lighting is stunning! Sometimes indoor photography can be difficult, but it is so perfect here!
    -Kate // http://www.classyandkate.com

August 10, 2016 / 5:39 pm

There were so many windows in that flat which made it so bright all the times! I’m glad you liked the outfit Kate, have a great day.

3. August 10, 2016 / 6:37 am

Never been to a fashion conference, only beauty (IMATS). Thanks for sharing these tips. I hope to attend one day soon. You looked gorgeous!

August 10, 2016 / 5:41 pm

Thank you Candace. Even though I’m not a big beauty geek, I’d love to attend a beauty conference one day!

4. August 10, 2016 / 6:49 am

The room is so beautiful and your outfit was on point! So summery and fresh!

Cy | Dulce de Mango

August 10, 2016 / 5:42 pm

I’m glad you liked it Cy!

August 10, 2016 / 5:43 pm

It was a great conference indeed! Thank you Aliya!

August 10, 2016 / 5:45 pm

Yessss!!!

5. August 10, 2016 / 7:43 am

wow, what a lovely place. I haven’t been to a blogger conference yet, but have been dying to try and find one in my area!

Enclothed Cognition

August 10, 2016 / 5:46 pm

It ‘s such a great experience going to a blogging conference! I’m also eyeing Create & Cultivate, they do 2 conventions a year and always in different cities. Check them out!

Tamara =

August 10, 2016 / 5:47 pm

Thank you Sophie! I hope you get the chance to attend one someday!

6. August 10, 2016 / 8:07 am

Such a beautiful post! You look amazing and that hotel is so pretty, I would love to visit it xx

mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

August 10, 2016 / 5:48 pm

Thank you Marina!

7. August 10, 2016 / 8:22 am

So lucky you got to attend BlogHer!! I read all about it on various outlets and totally will need to attend next year! I hope you got a ton of valuable information from the conference.

Meghan | BeyondBasicBlog.com

August 10, 2016 / 5:48 pm

I did! It was so informative and inspirational!

8. August 10, 2016 / 9:58 am

This is such a great, insightful post, girlie! First off, you look absolutely beautiful, I adore your outfit! I love that your shoes match so well to your top. I’ve attended one conference before with Cosmo and it was so much fun and learnt quite a lot. I had no idea that it was going to last 4hrs with little breaks in between! I had none of the things you’ve suggested here, so it made for some uncomfortable moments! Had I packed them all, I know it would have been a bit smoother! I saw your Insta Story from the event and it really did look like a lot of fun, I saw that Kim K was there, too! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you’re having the best day so far!

August 10, 2016 / 5:52 pm

Thank you Jalisa! The first time is always the worst because you don’t know what to expect. Thankfully I’ve talked to other bloggers who’ve attend the previous editions of the conference and did some research to help me out. Kim K was one of the speakers as well as other famous and influential ladies! It was really great being surrounded by so many amazing women!

Have an awesome day beautiful!

August 10, 2016 / 5:52 pm

Oh, thank you so much Dajanay, so sweet of you!

August 10, 2016 / 5:53 pm

I did have a great time indeed! I’m glad you liked the outfit Jane!

9. August 10, 2016 / 10:59 am

These are brilliant tips but may I ask why bandages? And good call on the AirBnB, that seems to be the best way to go these days.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

August 10, 2016 / 5:55 pm

I always have bandage with me, first because I’m soo clumsy and tend to scratch my self somehow, second in case you get blisters…

August 10, 2016 / 5:55 pm

Thanks Aditi! I’m glad you found the tips helpful!

August 10, 2016 / 5:56 pm

Thank you!

August 10, 2016 / 5:57 pm

I hope you do Marilyn, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!

10. August 10, 2016 / 11:18 am

Awesome tips! Especially about staying off-site and for looking (and smelling) your best as a representation of your brand. Love that you were able to tag along with R on business as well so you both got to enjoy the city <3
    Green Fashionista

August 10, 2016 / 5:57 pm

Thanks for stopping by Kate, have a fab day!

August 10, 2016 / 5:59 pm

Thanks Yuka!

11. August 10, 2016 / 11:22 am

Renting the flat on Airbnb is such a good idea! I love your lace up sandals!

Jill
    Doused In Pink

August 10, 2016 / 6:00 pm

It was indeed! Thanks for stopping by Jill!

12. August 10, 2016 / 11:53 am

Hi dear
    I never been in a blogger conference before but I find you tips very useful
    xx

August 10, 2016 / 6:00 pm

I’m so glad you do, thank you so much for stopping by !

August 10, 2016 / 6:04 pm

Thanks Vanessa!

13. Amy Arnold
    August 10, 2016 / 12:34 pm

Just scheduled this to pin. Amazing!! The detail on that skirt is so good. I haven’t been to a multi-day conference, so I appreciate the tips. I’d love to but it makes me a little nervous.

August 10, 2016 / 6:05 pm

I was nervous at first but everyone was so friendly and welcoming! Thank you for stopping by Amy!

August 10, 2016 / 6:06 pm

You’re welcome Ann-Marie!

14. August 10, 2016 / 2:53 pm

The flat looked amazing and for a better price, well done! The walking distance was also great! I never went to a Blog conference, it mut be very nice! I liked your outfit very much, gorgeous top, you look amazing! Hope you have a great evening!
    DenisesPlanet.com

15. August 10, 2016 / 5:58 pm

Thanks for the tips! I’ve never been into one before but I’m sure it’ll come handy. such a score with the airbnb! the place looks gorgeous and you look great too.

xx http://tanaditya.co.vu

16. August 10, 2016 / 6:32 pm

What great info! You look amazing and that space is so good!

Amanda | ASparklingStickyStyle.com

Instagram: Manda_Lee_Smith

17. Britney
    August 10, 2016 / 6:36 pm

Great post! Love the photos- looks like an amazing space to stay in. Certainly sounds like more bang for your buck! Your outfit is gorgeous- I especially love your skirt and those shoes!

18. Natalia
    August 10, 2016 / 6:45 pm

Darling, all of your photos are beyond stunning! I was thrilled to notice that your skirt is from white house black market, as I actually have a post planned for later this week that essentially just sheds light on my recent revelation that the store is not just for tacky aunts but has actually quite a good number of chic pieces hidden within!! Love to see I’m not the only one that thinks so.

The blue sandals are incredible; flawless look. I haven’t yet attended a conference, but would love to see a post about whether you feel like they add a good return on investment 😉 Just an idea.

xo
    Natalia
    shesverychic.com

19. August 10, 2016 / 9:35 pm

That’s so fun that you got to go to the conference. I would love to go sometime. This place you stayed at is so dreamy, it looks amazing! Thanks for the other tips too!

-Lily from With Love Lily Rose

20. August 10, 2016 / 10:03 pm

How awesome that you could attend! I love going to blogger conferences 🙂
    And that place is so beautiful!!!
    xoxo

Ileana

Novelstyle Blog

21. August 11, 2016 / 1:41 am

I’ve never been to a blog conference but gosh, don’t they look so much fun! It looks like you had a blast, the dress is incredible. The heels are perfect <3

xx   BASH   |   go   say     H E Y   B A S H

22. August 11, 2016 / 3:27 am

Your space is so clean and beautiful! How did you like the BlogHer conference? I really wanted to attend and would love to hear some feedback. Hope you have a day as lovely as you are.

xo Sheree
    IG: @poshclassymom

23. August 11, 2016 / 5:31 am

I’ve never been to a blogging conference before so I don’t really know what to expect or what to do 🙂 Blog business card is a great idea when you attend events like that. Airbnb is great for cheap and good accommodation. x

Ela BellaWorld

24. August 11, 2016 / 5:57 am

I should totally print some business cards, thanks for the tips! I love your outfit! Everything looks so well put together. x

Have a lovely week,
    Andreea

25. Shauna
    August 11, 2016 / 6:15 am

Such a beautiful space, and sounds like you had a great time! I’d love to go if it were in LA again!

Shauna

26. August 11, 2016 / 6:19 am

DTLA lofts are really gorgeous & this is no exception!

I’m excited to start a two-peat collaboration with Los Angeles-based brand TOBI this week at the blog via a sexy outfit – come check it out & lemme know what you think!

Happy Thursday!

Rebecca

27. August 11, 2016 / 7:44 am

What great tips! I would love to attend a blogging conference in the future and I think you are spot-on with your suggestion to go with an airbnb. Honestly, I often like airbnb’s even better than hotels!

Rae | Love from Berlin

28. August 11, 2016 / 8:42 am

You’ve got this blogging conference this DOWN, lady. 🙂 And I love what you wore- perfect LA-chic!

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

29. Izabela
    August 11, 2016 / 11:42 am

I love your outfit. Your skirt is amazing. I have never been to a blogging conference before but it’s on my list of things I would love to do.

30. August 11, 2016 / 7:48 pm

Wow! Such a great post! I have been wanting to go to a conference! Do you recommend it?

31. August 11, 2016 / 9:06 pm

I honestly had no idea blog conferences were even a thing haha. Thank you for sharing though! Your outfit is absolutely adorable and you make it look even better! Your experience with Air Bnb is so much different than mine, you ended up with such a beautiful loft. When I used it we found lots of old food from other people and plenty of weird smells and stains throughout the apartment. BUT I’m glad to see you had fun at the conference 🙂

32. August 11, 2016 / 9:52 pm

It sounds like you had a great day at the conference & Airbnb is so fantastic! I love your heels as well. :]

// ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲