Metallic Shoes TakeOver

Not in a million years, had I ever thought I’d be wearing shiny metallic shoes… But here we are! When I first saw this pair on Zara.com, I immediately fell in love. The manly structure and shinny metallic finish contrast each other so beautifully.IMG_3403_It’s the hybrid-ization between manly and girly, edgy and feminine, which made these metallic shoes the perfect fit for my wardrobe!

IMG_3385

Everywhere I go lately, all I see is fall creeping in. Thick cardigans, boots and sweaters are taking over my news feed. Even the leaves are starting to turn. Here in California though, the weather is still nice and the sun is still shining… Summer clothing isn’t going anywhere for a while!

IMG_3391

IMG_3414

A good way to contrast the “manliness” of these metallic shoes is by pairing them with a skirt. You guys know my love for stripes runs deep and that I can’t turn down anything with stripes. This skirt has creeped into my wardrobe somehow, after I promised not to buy any more summer clothes… I usually stay away from midi skirts, as they make me look shorter, but the vertical stripes actually have an elongating effect, so it all balances out.

Another way I like to wear this metallic pair is with an all black outfit. Think black skinny jeans, black top, a leather jacket and these shoes… Or even a simple jeans and white tee!

IMG_3409

Top, skirt, bralette, metallic shoes, rings similar

I don’t know about you, but I’m committed to soak in the last drops of summer. R & I are actually going for a quick vacation next week. We’re heading to Portland for a few days, and we’re both so excited! Follow our adventures on Snapchat (@loveofmode) or Instagram stories @loveofmode_ . If you have any recommendations please let me know!

Are you still enjoying summer or are you ready for fall already? Let me hear your thoughts!

• Tamara
      Author
      August 17, 2016 / 7:14 pm

Thanks!

1. August 17, 2016 / 4:08 am

This outfit is so perfect, I love the colours, the style and the casual/feminine mix. I really want some metallic shoes but haven’t taken the plunge yet!
    Amy xx

• Tamara
      Author
      August 17, 2016 / 7:16 pm

You should definitely get a pair, they’re so much fun!

2. Lorna
    August 17, 2016 / 4:09 am

WOW! This is gorgeous! I love the silver of the shoes, but they really go well with the pink and white in your outfit. Not a combination I thought would pair well together, but it really does!

Raindrops of Sapphire

• Tamara
      Author
      August 17, 2016 / 7:17 pm

I’m glad you liked this combo Lorna! Thank you for stopping by!

• Tamara
      Author
      August 17, 2016 / 7:17 pm

Thanks Yuliya!

3. August 17, 2016 / 4:44 am

They’re so good though! Love the metallic trend, and especially in combo with shoes! Love the idea of working it with an all black outfit, these shoes will probably pop in a lovely way. Hope you’re having a lovely week! Xx

• Tamara
      Author
      August 17, 2016 / 7:27 pm

Thank sweetie! I hope yours is going great as well!

4. August 17, 2016 / 5:08 am

You pull off the shoes SO well! I don’t think I can never pull off metallic shoes but you do it so effortlessly! Fab outfit x

TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

• Tamara
      Author
      August 18, 2016 / 10:32 am

I thought I won’t be able to too at first but when you add your personal touch, you can pull off anything I’m sure!

5. August 17, 2016 / 6:30 am

I have yet to rock the metallic shoe trend, but you are making me want to! This outfit slays in every way! Have fun in PDX!

xx leah / http://www.eatpraywearlove.com

6. August 17, 2016 / 8:33 am

Tamara, this look is SO rad! I love your silver/metallic shoes! Such a statement! Love this look!

I hope your day is as beautiful as you are!
    xoxo, Vanessa

7. August 17, 2016 / 10:02 am

I love these shoes!! And I love how you paired them with classic and feminine fashion. Glad you got these despite thinking you’d never get shiny shoes like these! I’m NOT ready for summer to end! XO
    Lauren-Blair

• Tamara
      Author
      August 18, 2016 / 10:40 am

Thank you Lauren-Blair, I’m glad I got them too! I hope summer never ends…

8. August 17, 2016 / 10:25 am

I love the bralette poking through. I have been all about lacy and fun ones lately! And your shoes are so fun 🙂

• Tamara
      Author
      August 18, 2016 / 10:41 am

I had to use lots of beauty tape to make it just poking through and not all out lol!

9. August 17, 2016 / 10:35 am

You look so stunning and cosy in those looks and the place looks beautiful!

would you like to follow each other on google friend connect and google plus? If you follow me,
    I will follow you back after it. ^^

• Tamara
      Author
      August 18, 2016 / 10:42 am

Thank you for stopping by Christin!

• Tamara
      Author
      August 18, 2016 / 10:45 am

Thanks Meghan!

10. August 17, 2016 / 10:47 am

Great shoes and paired perfectly with that skirt and top!!

We were in Portland in July – definitely go to Fat Head Brewery!! Amazing food, and beer of course :).

Allison / Joy and Ivy

11. August 17, 2016 / 10:59 am

Love your style, so pretty!!
    Have a lovely day 🙂
    Rosanna x

12. Amy Arnold
    August 17, 2016 / 12:42 pm

Ahhh I have been on the hunt for the right pair of these myself. I love them on you!!!

13. August 17, 2016 / 12:52 pm

Love your outfit! Those metallic shoes are gorgeous! You look stunning babe! <3 <3

14. August 17, 2016 / 12:56 pm

I loved your outfit, stripes and metallic shoes! I really loved the style of the shoes and I think they can look very feminine, the way you styled them. You look very beautiful! Lovely pictures, hope you enjoy summer a lot!
    DenisesPlanet.com

15. August 17, 2016 / 1:19 pm

This is such a beautiful pairing, girlie! I love your new metallic sliver loafers, they look so cute with the rest of the outfit, and are so versatile! I love that they’re a fuse of sorts, pieces like that are so fun to wear and style! I’m also swooning over that purple stone ring, so gorgeous! I’ve been seeing fall pieces creep up on my feed to and don’t get me wrong, I’m honestly very excited for the fall season, but I always wonder, aren’t you hot? Haha! It’s been so hot and humid that the thought of wearing such heavy pieces just makes me cringe, though I do wish it would cool down a bit. Anyway, thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you’re having a wonderful week so far!

16. August 17, 2016 / 1:24 pm

I love the way you’ve styled those metallic shoes – and they are adorable! The skirt definitely makes it feminine, but also your knotted top makes it flirty – beautiful! XO
    theSTYLetti

17. August 17, 2016 / 2:13 pm

Super cool look 🙂

18. August 17, 2016 / 2:44 pm

Love this look! The skirt is amazing and it looks great with those shoes! I would never have put those two together but I love it!

xo Bryn

19. sister tales
    August 17, 2016 / 2:47 pm

YESSSS! The metallic shoe has made a come back! Though I don’t think they ever went away? Not for me at least, way to rock this outfit!
    xoxo, simona and indre

20. August 17, 2016 / 3:06 pm

I’ve seen metallic shoes before but I scoffed at it as being OTT. Now I really regretted for not trying them out even though I suspect I can’t pull it off as well as you do.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

21. August 17, 2016 / 3:38 pm

Hello, Tamara! x

I love how you styled this pair of metallic shoes. Never have thought that these would come along perfectly! I totally love your skirt, it is lovely. Hope to hear from you soon. 🙂

Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance

22. Biana
    August 17, 2016 / 6:08 pm

This is such a fun look and the shoes are really comfy for walking around! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

23. Shannon Jenkins
    August 17, 2016 / 8:06 pm

Loving this feminine with an edge look! That skirt is so pretty!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

24. Lola
    August 17, 2016 / 11:11 pm

beautiful 🙂

NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

25. August 17, 2016 / 11:40 pm

Great outfit. I love wearing a bralette under my camis, so I’m loving this already. Love the metallic shoes! The skirt is so nice too. You can mix and match these in so many ways! You look fab!

Xo,
    Miki

26. August 18, 2016 / 5:12 am

What a perfect composition, those shoes with the masculine vibe + soft pink top with lace peeking out 🙂 I’ve long been on the fence where brogues are concerned, Tamara, thinking they’re just too mannish for me but you might have just convinced me otherwise.

27. August 18, 2016 / 7:05 am

You are rocking the metallic shoes! Love the statement they add to this outfit. 🙂

Best,
    Christina

Looks by Lau

28. August 18, 2016 / 7:35 am

These shoes are so amazing! I think I need to make a trip to Zara ASAP! Enjoy your mini vacation!
    x Emily
    http:/shedoes.com.au

29. August 18, 2016 / 8:40 am

Ooh I love this look! Very sexy! Love that you can see the bralette peeking out! Your rings are so pretty too!

Velveteencockroach

30. August 18, 2016 / 11:43 am

Hi Tamara!
    First, thanks for visiting my blog!
    Really love your blog too.
    This outfit it’s so lovely, I din’t buy yet metallic shoes, but now I’m want to! haha
    Kisses,
    Diana

31. August 18, 2016 / 1:12 pm

You definitely balanced the look quite nicely. My metallic shoes are some of my favorites. Just got a metallic bomber I can’t wait to style also 🙂

32. August 18, 2016 / 6:29 pm

I think it must be beautiful to see fall creeping in, must be so beautiful this time around! Love the metallic shoes you have, it does have a feminized masculinity to it <3

xx   BASH   |   go   say     H E Y   B A S H

33. August 21, 2016 / 5:50 am

such a pretty outfit..the shoes are amazing!