Not Your Mom’s Mom Jeans

What a fabulous time we live in… Can you believe “MOM JEANS” are on trend again? Remember all those times you laughed at your mom’s high waisted “ugly” jeans… Well, who’s laughing now?!

img_4578

Mom jeans are the new black! There’s a good reason for that.  Because they’re high waisted they act like spandex! They’re gonna tuck in your tummy and hide that food belly. You can eat all the pasta you want and no one will notice… Well almost.img_4561

Although it can be a tad tricky to find a flattering fit, they’ve become a wardrobe necessity! Whether they’re skinny, straight or a loose cut, they’re the pair to rock this fall. Ever since I found these, I’ve been wearing them non stop. img_4568

As we’re heading into colder seasons, I love wearing dark denim. Not only does it help me get into the fall / winter mood, but dark colors are sliming. The high waist and wedgie effect in the back will make any tush look ah-mazing!img_4580

Jeans Asos on sale!, top H&M, leather jacket old similar here, bag Calvin Klein, shoes Bershka similar here

Finally, the high waist cut will make a petite girl like me look a little bit taller…

Let me know your thoughts on mom jeans. Have you purchased a pair yet or are you skipping this fad?

1. September 19, 2016 / 2:38 am

I absolutely love mom jeans. They’re so comfortable and it seems that it flatters so many body shapes. Great photos by the way!

xx

2. Gabrielle
    September 19, 2016 / 3:40 am

These sound like the perfect jeans to wear when you know you’ll be having a massive meal haha! You look beyond gorgeous in this outfit, I adore the ruffled striped top 🙂

aglassofice.com
    x

3. Shauna
    September 19, 2016 / 5:26 am

I’m not so sure of how they would look on me, but they are truly stunning on you!! Love this whole look!

Shauna

4. September 19, 2016 / 7:04 am

I was so sad when I realised I actually liked mum jeans! I had always hated when my mum wore them, but now I want a pair!?! Whats with that!? Haha!

Kez | acaciasdreams.com

5. September 19, 2016 / 7:27 am

I’ve actually started using my mom’s jeans she wore in the 90s, that are literally the 90’s mom jeans too! High waisted, a bit oversized but still kind of chic! And I love the trend, even though it took me a few months to get used to it! Xx

6. September 19, 2016 / 7:34 am

Necessity indeed. I love the mom jeans. You look so stylish. I’m having a hard time finding one that fits me well.

7. September 19, 2016 / 8:43 am

I have a pair of very dark rinse high waist skinny jeans and I love them. I can sit down and not worry about my underwear showing and I have a small waist and a curvy bottom they skim and highlight my figure. I like your pair and you look great in them.
    LaToya

8. September 19, 2016 / 8:43 am

Those jeans look incredible on you, girlie; I LOVE the way you’ve styled them! The layering here is perfect for this time of year, when it goes back and forth from being chilly and hot. The addition of the leather jacket adds a nice sleek edge, but if it’s removed, it doesn’t take away from the outfit because the top look so good paired with those jeans and the color of those shoes are beyond gorgeous! Great styling, as always, beauty, and I hope you’re having the best start to your week so far!

9. September 19, 2016 / 10:54 am

So weird that mom jeans are back in style! I remember how ugly I used to think they were when my mom wore them! You look gorgeous! I adore your ruffled top, and I love how the hem on the jeans is frayed!

Emily | Epicurean Emily

10. September 19, 2016 / 11:48 am

I’m not a fan of mom jeans, but the ones I’ve seen so far are different from yours. Most of them are wide legged and I find the unflattering. However, yours are skinny and look great!

11. September 19, 2016 / 11:57 am

I am loving this look and how you tucked the off the shoulder top into the Mom jeans! I am a fan of high waisted jeans. They make life easier not having to worry about pull up your pants all the time! Great style girl! Xo, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

12. September 19, 2016 / 12:24 pm

You’re absolutely gorgeous and stunning! I love your outfit!
    Great post!

13. September 19, 2016 / 1:58 pm

That top is so pretty! I should have gotten this last summer in h&m. Now it’s almost fall! have a great start of the week gorgeous!
    Thenewgirl.me

14. September 19, 2016 / 2:12 pm

Yes! I have on my mom jeans as I type. When I was younger. my mom’s jeans fit her just like we wear them now. I was always looking at other mom’s like, “that’s NOT how you’re supposed to wear those”, LMAO. I new something wasn’t right, even as a child, LOL.

Great post!

Nadiyah from sheheartsthat.com

15. September 19, 2016 / 2:17 pm

Oh I am obsessed with this look dear! I love how you styled those mom jeans in such a fresh and cute way 🙂
    xx, Carmen – http://www.carmitive.com

16. Biana
    September 19, 2016 / 4:27 pm

I love high waisted jeans!! So figure flattering and they look great on you! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

17. Shannon Jenkins
    September 19, 2016 / 6:57 pm

Youre killing the mom jeans! Love it with the ruffle and stripes! So cute!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

18. September 19, 2016 / 7:15 pm

I’m giving this trend a miss mainly because I think this trend will die and go away and unlike flare jeans that is timeless, mum jeans will look dated once the trend dies down. I’m trying to invest only in timeless pieces these days.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

19. wendee
    September 20, 2016 / 4:36 am

chic and stylish

Wendee//theglossychic.com

20. Siffat Haider
    September 20, 2016 / 6:17 am

You look incredibly chic. I love the jeans, especially paired with that top!
    xo
    Siffat

21. September 20, 2016 / 7:47 am

This jeans look absolutely amazing on you! And I LOVE your shoes!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

22. September 20, 2016 / 7:49 am

I think they look fabulous on you! I wonder what they’d look like on me though, being a 40 year old woman? Would I look like a ‘Mom’? lol! Even though I’m actually not 😉
    Suzy x

23. Jessica
    September 20, 2016 / 10:18 am

I love the high waisted jeans look! You styled them perfectly too!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

24. September 20, 2016 / 11:47 am

Perfect combo and amazing jeans

thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

25. September 20, 2016 / 3:01 pm

Well now that you’ve told me I can eat all the pasta I want, then bring on the mom jeans! Love the top tucked in with them. Super cute!

xx Yasmin

26. Jessi Malay
    September 20, 2016 / 11:34 pm

I’ve totally been living in “mom” jeans this summer too babe !! So comfortable 🙂 Love how you styled yours with this ruffled top!!

XO, Jessi

Would LOVE for you to check out my recap of NYFW!! 🙂

27. September 21, 2016 / 3:59 am

I love mom jeans!and your top is cute too <3

28. September 23, 2016 / 2:02 am

wow! this look is absolutely momazing 😉 I just discovered your blog and i literally cant stop reading it. Your style is very me, i might just recreate some of your looks for my blog

29. September 23, 2016 / 6:14 am

you look amazing in these jeans! Love your outfit