Bloggers Supporting Bloggers

img_4598

Last weekend, I was invited by the lovely Lauren from ShoesandSashimi.com to attend her very first event. She hosted it at the charming Rebecca Minkoff store on Filmore St. here in SF. The event featured the Rebecca Minkoff Fall 16 collection, nail art and some bubbly too. Lauren put together a great event! Not only did I preview the new collection, but I also got the chance to meet Lauren face to face after following her on Instagram for some time now.

img_4589It felt really good being there and supporting a fellow blogger. With that in mind, I wanted to take this chance to talk about bloggers supporting bloggers. Yes blogging is a very competitive scene, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t support each other. Putting someone down will not lift you up! img_4593

In this domain especially, there’s a lot of jealousy going around. I’ve even seen feeds where people come together to diss a certain blogger, so shameful. The words they used and the amount of hate towards someone they don’t really know were absolutely horrific. I wonder what kind of people do that? Are you so insecure with yourself that you have to diss someone for no reason? And the funny part is that their comments were not about her content. They were about the way she looked, she dressed, etc… Very, very sad!

img_4597-copy

Top Zara similar, culottes Topshop, bag Longchamp, pumps Forever 21 similar

As females, not just as bloggers, we should be encouraging one another. We should be there for each other. Jealousy won’t get you anywhere, trust me. Work hard and don’t mind what others say. I get that the blogging scene is becoming saturated and “making it” in this field is becoming more cut throat. But attacking someone behind their back will not make their blog fail and yours thrive.

I really hope we can stop all the hate and jealousy and online bullying, and instead focus on our goals. I urge you, to be supportive for one another and spread love. Words can hurt and they can also brighten someone’s day too. So please, go leave a nice comment on someone’s blog or on Instagram and let’s spread the love today!

1. September 21, 2016 / 12:44 am

I love that you made a post about this! I couldn’t agree more and I’m so grateful for all the support you’ve given me starting out my blog! Even just your sweet comments on my posts make a big difference ! And I happy I can support you right back. So true that as women we need to be supporting each other and be proud of what our fellow girl bosses have accomplished!

Love,
    Natalie

• Tamara
      Author
      September 21, 2016 / 10:31 am

Keep up the good work Natalie, Your blog is absolutely beautiful!

• Tamara
      Author
      September 21, 2016 / 10:32 am

I’m glad you liked it Marie!

2. September 21, 2016 / 5:17 am

I absolutely LOVE the message in this post! Blogging is a community and that is my favorite part about it. Women should always uplift other women!

3. September 21, 2016 / 6:21 am

I love this post!! I totally agree that a big part of blogging is supporting one another and being excited for everyone’s growth/new opportunities, so I love that you went to her event!

4. September 21, 2016 / 6:28 am

Sounds like you had an amazing time at the event! There is actually a lot of hate amongst other bloggers that live locally and it’s just so sad. You won’t get far with that type of attitude, no matter how great your numbers look now. Luck runs out eventually!

5. September 21, 2016 / 7:46 am

I agree, we must support, help and be there for each other. It takes a lot of work and effort for someone to write a post, take pictures, edit, publish, share etc, so we must appreciate that someone has gone through all that effort to present a great post! PS I love the culottes!

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

6. September 21, 2016 / 9:02 am

Such a great look and so perfect for the event. It looks like a great time!

Don’t forget to swing by and join the Fashion Frenzy Linkup today! We’ll be picking our favorite outfits to feature next week!

Annessa

7. Lisa
    September 21, 2016 / 10:11 am

Your photos are STUNNING and the event sounds like it was a blast!! I would love to attend similar events in the future, so if you know of any in Northern CA, please let me know!

Re: the topic of this post, I think that yes, it is definitely blown up on social media, the internet, blogging. For me, if in “real life” if there are people I’m not particularly fond of (their values, attitudes, etc don’t align with mine), I simply try to minimize contact with that person. In the blogging realm, if there’s someone I’m not particularly fond of, I simply un-follow/un-subscribe and go about my day. On the flip side, for people I like, who are kind, honest, genuine, etc etc, I LOVE to support and encourage them. So it really just depends on the type of people you want in your life, and the type of people you want to support. At the end of the day though, a simple “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all” does wonders!

Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa

8. September 21, 2016 / 10:24 am

It’s crazy how people think that throwing shade at someone will take them higher/make things better. Spreading negative energy will just jump right back at them. Blogger empowerment is the way to do it! AND yes girl, looove your pants!! Xx

9. September 21, 2016 / 11:01 am

You look absolutely gorgeous, Tamara! I love those pants, the color and pleats are so lovely and they look so good against that lovely purse, too! I couldn’t agree more with everything you’ve mentioned here. I’m a firm believe that what you put out, is what you’ll receive and being cruel to someone simply because they’ve achieved the level of success you wish you had doesn’t do anything other than spread hate, like you said, it won’t make your blog thrive any more than theirs! Thanks so much for spread such positivity, beautiful, and I hope you’re having a great week so far!

10. September 21, 2016 / 11:03 am

I love this post Tamara! I think it is so important to support one another. I don’t think any harm can come from building someone up. Everyone is different in their own specific way. I watched a snap story the other day, and a popular blogger was giving credit to a blogger who gave her credit for copying her look. For a minute I thought, wait? The purpose of a blog, is for people to buy what you are wearing. If someone who happens to be a blogger buys what you are wearing, and then does a post for their readers, why do they need to give you credit? The credit you receive is the commission off of the sale of what were (expensive items) she purchased from the look you posted. LOL, LOL, LOL! To me there is no such thing as copying in fashion. If a blogger follows me, and they post a dress I wore a week ago, or a month ago, so what. It’s fashion. ROCK that dress honey. We are on the same team! I think everyone is beautiful, no matter size, shape or national origin. I think when we all start to support one another we when then see that we can have more bargaining power in the business of fashion.

11. September 21, 2016 / 11:53 am

What a sad story that female bloggers are putting other female bloggers down! Putting hate out there will bring nothing but hate right back. It’s so important for us to support one another. It’s not a competition, it’s a journey we can all take together. Love this post and you look absolutely adorable in that outfit. P.S. I want those pants!

Love, Lindsey

12. September 21, 2016 / 11:55 am

Could not love this post more! It saddens me that there are adults who take part in online bullying, as women and as bloggers we should be supporting and lifting each other up. What do you gain by tearing someone else down? Love that you went to your friends’ event, and this look on you is flawless <3
    Green Fashionista

13. September 21, 2016 / 1:05 pm

I couldn’t agree more with this message! People who talk like that are insecure about themselves and take it out on others, I’ve never understood it! So refreshing to hear a blogger being positive, because we should all empower each other, right? You look stunning in that outfit, love how the bag and shoes match, and it sounds like a wonderful event!

Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

14. September 21, 2016 / 1:27 pm

It’s so true, especially lately I’ve noticed some bloggers that have changed quite a lot along the way, or just stop spreading the love in general and it’s very sad. We are all in this together, and need female bloggers to support each other, not hate or throw negativity in the mix. Keep your head up, lovely. You look wonderful, dear. x/Madison
    FASHION TALES

15. Heidi
    September 21, 2016 / 4:25 pm

I 100% agree with this sentiment! I have never understood the guarded catiness that comes with blogging! We all started doing this because of a passion and desire to share! Thank you for reminding us all to be kind.

Heidi || Wishes & Reality

16. Biana
    September 21, 2016 / 4:50 pm

The blogging community is seriously the best and so sweet of you to support a friend! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston

17. Shannon Jenkins
    September 21, 2016 / 5:07 pm

You look so fabulous! Love that top! I love when bloggers support each other! I have met so many amazing girls through blogging!

<3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

18. September 21, 2016 / 5:21 pm

LOVE THIS POST! I could not agree more! Especially for a newbie blogger, it’s incredibly discouraging to see other bloggers hate on one another — it makes you think “oh shit, should I even bother?!”

-Clarissa @ The View From Here

19. September 21, 2016 / 7:29 pm

I totally agree. It’s a complete waste of time. Not to mention if interested brands come to visit that site, they’d seeing the charter who that person and move on to an actual profession blogger.

I love the contrasting colors of your bottoms and shoes. They compliment one another very well.

20. September 21, 2016 / 11:08 pm

I definitely agree with you babe, I should have apply this. I know that jealousy won’t get you anywhere and working hard will get you a brighter future. By the way, loving your outfit.

Here’s new blog post ALL-BLACK MATCHED WITH SON’S DENIM OUTFIT
    xoxo, Katrina | Instagram: @katrinaisha

21. September 22, 2016 / 12:36 am

I agree with you! It’s all about us uplifting one another. I’ve come to stop reading certain blogs at some point because there was so much negativity, jealousy and throwing of shade. It’s not attractive and it doesn’t feel right. It isn’t.

PS: Those pants are the bomb!

annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com | Bloglovin’ | Instagram

22. September 22, 2016 / 4:23 am

Couldn’t agree with you more lovely, we should be supporting other bloggers and their achievements, there are enough people who will put us down without everyone turning on each other. Really important to stick together!

Elle
    xx

23. September 22, 2016 / 6:28 am

Tamara, LOVE the post and your message! I agree 100%! Supporting one another is so important! And I truly believe that what you send out in the universe will come back to you in the end! Spreading love is much more important than spreading hate. It’s so sad!
    PS: Thank you SO much for your sweet pregnancy wishes! Words cannot describe how much they mean to me! I’m so glad we connected! Much love, always!
    xoxo, Vanessa

24. September 22, 2016 / 6:37 am

I agree 100% about ALL of this! It’s very sad to see other women putting down women who are trying to reach their goals and working hard. Thank you for being so honest and for always being so supportive.
    You always look stunning!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

25. Jessica
    September 22, 2016 / 10:52 am

Supporting other bloggers is definitely important. My blogging friends have been so helpful and supportive! I couldn’t do it without them. I love your outfit too. Those culottes are so fun!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

26. Amy Arnold
    September 22, 2016 / 11:21 am

I love getting to know and supporting other bloggers. Sounds like such a fun event! Your top is amazing. Such a cool look.

27. Maggie
    September 22, 2016 / 11:51 am

I totally agree!! You lose nothing from lifting others up 🙂 And I can’t get over how fantastic this whole look is!! Wow!

28. September 22, 2016 / 11:53 am

Sounds like such a fun event! I love how blogger friendly Rebecca Minkoff is. She is always having us bloggers at her stores which is awesome! Bloggers supporting one another is so important as well. XO, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

29. September 22, 2016 / 12:54 pm

loving this post soooo much and you are so right – love is the most important thing in the world – always! i never understood why people spread negativity, jealousy or anything mean…

anyway totally love your look and these pictures!

sending you lots of love,
    marie

30. September 22, 2016 / 4:33 pm

Oh geez, that’s so sad! I can’t imagine ever talking bad about someone online like that. I can’t believe the nerve people have to type things that they would never say to someone’s face. Luckily I haven’t been exposed yet to any ladies shaming other bloggers, but I also haven’t been blogging for that long. I think it’s awesome that you went to that event supporting your friend. More bloggers should support other bloggers. Especially as females! We already have it hard I think. As might as well just all get along. 🙂

-Emily http://www.coatandcoffee.com

31. Adi
    September 22, 2016 / 8:51 pm

Great post, babe! You look amazing, and I totally agree. We need to support each other more!!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

32. September 23, 2016 / 5:56 am

Great post, I totally agree with you here as women we should be supporting each other not dragging each other down. Have a great weekend. Gemma x

33. September 30, 2016 / 7:42 am

I could not agree with you more! I have posted about this in the past. I can not understand how and why people will take the time and energy to be so negative towards people. There is a whole website to bash blogs. It really must stem from crippling insecurity. My favorite saying is ‘Before you speak ask yourself, is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?’ . Some people are so brave behind the anonymity of a computer.

xx, Elise