Getting Married At 22!!!

3 years ago, Tamara (moi) had plans. Marriage was definitely not one of them. But life had a different plan for me… and so I end up getting married at 22.

R & I have never been a traditional couple. After almost a year and a half of dating, R who was starting his new tech startup had to move back to the US. We were both living in Lebanon at that time. After a few months of trying the long distance relationship thing and 10 hour time difference, I thought we were heading towards a breakup. Thankfully, R had something else in mind.

dsc05733

On our trip to Thailand,which I thought was a farewell trip, he proposed. I cried for 15 minutes before finally saying YES! 3 months later we got married, on October 11th 2013, 1 day before R’s 30th and 19 days before my 23rd. A few months later, we were in our very first apartment together, half way around the world. Although we got married again a year later (read why here) , the first wedding for us is the real one. Sorry mom!

Anyway, so yeah I got married at 22, and it was and still is pretty awesome!

1. October 11, 2016 / 2:45 am

Getting married young is the best because you’ll have more of your life together 🙂

Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

2. Lola
    October 11, 2016 / 5:41 am

Happy day! 🙂

NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

3. October 11, 2016 / 6:43 am

I believe there is always a pro & con to all decisions—and getting married on the young side is not bad. Especially if you find the right mate. I think you’ve probably learned more by getting married young than a lot of women who don’t!!
    So happy days to you Tamara!!
    jodie

4. Mili
    October 11, 2016 / 6:59 am

Awww! Happy Anniversary to you two!

Mili | Sharmtoaster

5. October 11, 2016 / 10:02 am

What a sweet story- glad you guys could make it work! And such pretty wedding photos. 🙂

-Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

6. October 11, 2016 / 10:09 am

Happy Anniversary, beautiful! I wish you both a lifetime of love, joy, happiness, success, and prosperity. May everything you both set out to accomplish come to fruition, so you both can enjoy it together! I have to say, this sounds a lot like my story. I got engaged at 18, married at 20 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing, beauty, and I hope you both enjoy celebrating your special day!

7. October 11, 2016 / 10:25 am

Aw this is such a touching story! Also I can’t wait to see more fall posts from you! I just did a fall makeup post on my blog!

Love,
    Natalie

8. Heidi
    October 11, 2016 / 3:59 pm

Happy anniversary! I love reading these stories, thank you for sharing yours!

Heidi || Wishes & Reality

9. October 12, 2016 / 7:15 am

So sweet! Happy anniversary! Stories like this makes me cry! So happy for you!