Bummer Of The Week – Batiste Dry Shampoo

I’m not a beauty guru by any means, but I immediately know if I like a product or not. Batiste dry shampoo was one of those products that right from the start I didn’t get along with.

Despite the hype around it, personally I didn’t like at all. As a matter of fact, I disliked hated it. When trying a new product, I always buy the travel size first. If I like it I upgrade. If not, then it’s not a big waste of product nor money.

dsc05920

Since I’m going to Hawaii next week, I thought the tropical scented travel size bottle would be perfect. Thankfully, I gave it a test run first, and boy was I disappointed!

Although, the smell is heavenly, the white product was impossible to get rid off. Even after shaking it off and brushing it it was still there. I had white stripes in my hair the whole day, legit!

Take my advice and don’t buy into the hype, unless you’re into white product in your hair… But you’re not, I know…

1. October 15, 2016 / 1:52 am

I’m sorry you didn’t like this product and it didn’t seem to work for you. I use this product all the time, tropical is my favourite scent, and I love it! It can go white and streaky if you apply too much product in one area (don’t move the can around as you spray) or hold the can too close to your scalp. I have very dark brunette hair and it never streaks on me…

Kez | acaciasdreams.com

• October 16, 2016 / 10:54 am

I’ll give a try again using as I haven’t throw away the bottle yet. Thanks for the advice Kez!

2. October 15, 2016 / 6:47 am

I never really use dry shampoo and your experience doesn’t motivate me to try now.
    Too bad about this.
    I hope you enjoy your time in Hawaii Tamara 🙂
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

• October 16, 2016 / 10:56 am

There’s some really good dry shampoos out there. I use them to add volume to my very flat hair and the living proof and B&B dry shampoo are great for that!

3. October 15, 2016 / 7:08 am

Thanks for letting us know before hand. Hawaii is so beautiful place hope you’ll have a lovely time.

• October 16, 2016 / 10:56 am

Thank you so much Pooja!

• October 16, 2016 / 10:59 am

Thank you Mihaela!

• October 16, 2016 / 10:59 am

I’m glad it works for you!

• October 16, 2016 / 11:01 am

What’s all the buzz about then?… Do you have a favorite dry shampoo?

4. Rachael Dickinson
    October 15, 2016 / 11:28 am

I don’t really mind batiste however, I have found that the one from the avon is fantastic! No white marks and brushes through really well. If you are wanting a little volume as well, then the v05 dry shampoo is worth a try!

Rachael xox

• October 16, 2016 / 11:02 am

Oh, thank you so much for the recommendations Rachael I’ll definitely give V05 a try!

5. October 15, 2016 / 11:33 am

Oh! That stinks you didn’t like it! I love that you give these open and honest reviews! I’ve had quite the misses when it comes to dry shampoo too. I wonder if they make a version for dark hair?

Manda | http://evocativelychosen.com

• October 16, 2016 / 11:03 am

I’m glad you appreciate my honesty Manda. I heard they do make a version for dark hair, maybe I should give that one a try.

6. October 15, 2016 / 11:37 pm

The product as per writing does not seems to good and here in my country also i could also find some power based hair products. by your details i would not buy them. thanks for sharing the post..;)

• October 16, 2016 / 11:03 am

Thanks for stopping by Mansi!

7. October 16, 2016 / 11:50 am

I’m bummed you didn’t like Batiste! Although you could try their version for brunette hair (maybe it won’t be as obvious in your hair). If budget isn’t an issue for you, I would HIGHLY recommend Living Proof’s Perfect Hair Day dry shampoo. That one is my absolute faaaavorite.

8. October 16, 2016 / 9:27 pm

Very nice info. Thanks Tamara!

9. October 17, 2016 / 6:54 am

I tried the Batiste dry shampoo and it was okay for me. It didn’t leave streaks like it happened to you, but my problem with it was that is was gone too fast! I felt like I used it like twice and it the bottle was already empty.
    That’s why there are multiple brands out there, right?