5 Morning Hacks To Jump start Your Day

I’m not a morning person. Not at all. If it was up to me, “mornings” would start at around 10:30 AM, but it’s not the case. I have managed throughout the years to become more and more of a morning-tolerable person. It didn’t come quick nor easy, but with some help from these hacks, I can prepare my mind and body for the day ahead.
img_5279

1- Set your alarm to the right time!

Instead of spending your mornings hitting the snooze button every 5 minutes, set your alarm to the right time. If you keep “snoozing” for an extra 15 min daily, then  just set your alarm 15 minutes later than usual. You’ll have those extra minutes to sleep properly and when you wake up. You know there’s no time to waste.

2- Drink a cup of water as soon as you wake up!img_5298

As soon as I wake up, I always reach for a cup of water. Ice cold water not only refreshes your body but it also get things started. You can add a slice of lemon for an extra zing!

3- Get Out of the bed!

I know how tempting it is to sit in bed and check your social media… But getting out of the bed as soon as you wake up will help you feel more energized. If you’re like me and work from home, have a dedicated space for working that’s not the bed!

4- Fuel your body!

img_5320

I was never a believer of breakfast, up until recently that is. My morning coffee is crucial for me. I’m usually replying to comments, while I sip my cup of java! An hour later, I’ll take a few minutes to sit down and have a proper breakfast. I love having yogurt and fruits in the morning, it’s both nutritious and tasty!

5- Have something to look forward to!

Not everyday is exciting, but I always look for the mornings. I’m a big skincare fanatic and love to take the time to take care of my skin. My skin care routine is something I look forward to everyday. I usually catch up on my favorite vloggers while doing my morning ritual. I can be as simple as watching your favorite series, or going for a jog with a friend. Having something that motivates you in the mornings, will help you tolerate (and even enjoy) waking up early!

I hope these simple and easy hacks will help you to be more of a morning person. They certainly helped me!

What are your tricks for waking up refreshed and ready to take on the day?

1. October 19, 2016 / 12:31 am

Tamara! Only 2 Hacks. 🙂

• Tamara
      Author
      October 19, 2016 / 8:48 am

Sorry Pooja, I’m having a bit of technical problems. All fixed now!

• October 19, 2016 / 10:46 am

Oh yes I think I am bit fast to follow your blog since I love your posts. Tech glitch is more likely to happen in this Digital world so no problem. 🙂

2. October 19, 2016 / 1:12 am

Great tips, I definitely need to drink more water!
    Have a lovely day 🙂
    Rosanna x

3. October 19, 2016 / 6:09 am

Is there something missing to the post, since it says 5 hacks in the titel, but there is only 2?
    But never the less, the two hacks are great! I always drink water when I wake up, it such a good way to start the day.

• Tamara
      Author
      October 19, 2016 / 8:49 am

I was having some technical problems. I apologize for that Emma!

• Tamara
      Author
      October 19, 2016 / 8:50 am

Hahaha Rachael! They’re all up now lol! Sorry about that, I was having some technical problems…

4. October 19, 2016 / 11:02 am

What a great post and tips to jump start your day! I really have to work on number one haha, I always need that “5 more minutes”!
    Have a great day!
    Stella

5. October 19, 2016 / 1:10 pm

Getting out of the bed is the smartest and easiest tips I’ve heard. I’m definitely guilty of picking up the phone, but it usually gets me even more tired and I’m soon to fall asleep again. With my phone in the hand. Terrible I know haha! Xx

6. SOCIETY FIX
    October 19, 2016 / 5:55 pm

Great routine. I share the last tip with you. I usually start my day with watching my favorite youtubers while having breakfast.

7. October 19, 2016 / 7:22 pm

I’m also not a morning person, though I report to work M-F at 6:45am haha. Thanks for sharing these tips! I have a horrible habit of snoozing multiple times :/