Elevated Basics – The Sweater Edition

Is it me or does every sweater on the market look just like the one next to it? Almost all sweaters nowadays are the same shade and the same simple design and it’s getting a little boring.

Love of Mode Ruffle Sleeve Sweater

My closet is stuffed with monochrome clean designs sweaters with one or two stripped numbers in between. Monotony has taken over and it’s time for a change.

Love of Mode Ruffle Sleeve Sweater

While looking for a piece to refresh my wardrobe, this gorgeous Endless Rose sweater caught my eye. Although monochrome, the unusual sleeves make it stand out. Made from the softest fabric, not only is it gorgeous, it’s also an absolute treat to wear. Love of Mode Ruffle Sleeve Sweater

Although the one I’m wearing quickly sold out, there’s a lot of other choices out there. I really like this Topshop ruffle jumper, this grey ruffle hem Asos sweater, this gorgeous Nasty Gal bell sleeve sweater or even this bold mixed pattern Nasty Gal stand out piece.

Love of Mode Ruffle Sleeve Sweater

Sweater Endless Rose via Revolve sold out in white available in grey or similar in white or burgundy, bag Zara, jeans Gap, boots Daisy Street similar

Whether it’s an unusual design, a different color or a unique fabric, this winter, upgrade your basic sweaters. Get a piece or two that will stand out and will elevate your whole wardrobe. Not only will they refresh your look, they’ll also help you get out of the colder month fashion rut.

1. November 30, 2016 / 9:19 am

Love this sweater, it is so different. I am completely obsessed with your booties!! I need them STAT!!

xx, Elise

2. November 30, 2016 / 10:47 am

I just love this sweater, and you look absolutely beautiful in it. What a gorgeous look!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

3. November 30, 2016 / 1:36 pm

This sweater is so perfect for both the fall and winter seasons! I love the ruffle detail on the sleeves… so chic <3! Have a great rest of your week hun

XO Jessi,

4. November 30, 2016 / 8:30 pm

You are right about that statement, stores are selling the same items from high end to high street to affordable ones. Maybe they have run out of ideas in terms of being creative with winter wear. By the way yours is a standout piece. Loved how you paired it with a light wash jean and gorgeous sling bag

5. November 30, 2016 / 8:45 pm

Love the sweater and how cozy it looks! You look so cute in it
    S
    Grey Canvas

6. Yiota
    November 30, 2016 / 10:21 pm

Love the sweater, so beautiful. All sweaters indeed look the same, and so boring. The Zara bag is so cute, love it! x

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

7. December 1, 2016 / 1:27 am

This is so cute! Fabulous looking sweater!

8. December 1, 2016 / 12:32 pm

Your sweater is so cool! I love the sleeves! 🙂 xx

9. December 1, 2016 / 6:44 pm

Yes!! The sleeves are just so perfect! Love that it adds such an interesting element to the jumper!
    x Emily

10. December 1, 2016 / 11:26 pm

This sweater is such a unique piece, and I absolutely love the way you styled it! It’s definitely good to add new pieces to your wardrobe that are a little different from the rest of your clothes 🙂 The bag is gorgeous, and you look beautiful with that lipstick!!

xo, Esther