How To Wear Floral Prints In Fall

Floral prints in the spring are not revolutionary by any means. They’re almost expected. In the fall however, they’re a little more a fashion taboo, but that doesn’t mean you can’t wear them.

As I’ve said before, fashion rules are meant to be broken. More and more, fashion is shattering it’s laws and regulations and becoming a true tool of self expression without boundaries.

For some reason, these imaginary boundaries tend to exist even more so during colder months. No whites, no bright colors, no florals… etc. But trust me, florals in fall/winter are beautiful, and an all white outfit during the festive season is as magical as it gets.3

More muted florals for fall/winter are the way to go. Low contrast, earthy tones and smaller prints can be worn through these months without making you look out of place. Blush, burgundy and neutrals are the safest choice for this time of the year.

Love Of Mode Floral Prints In Fall

Floral blouse similar here, here & here, jeans Topshop, leather jacket BCBG similar, boots Mango sold out similar, bag Michael Kors similar on sale, belt Asos

Don’t be afraid to mix and match prints in a single outfit. Animal prints are a big trend at the moment, and burgundy will always be a cooler month shade. By infusing these two trends into the look, it will help make it more fall appropriate. Also, a leather jacket will generally make any outfit more fitting for fall/winter. Because velvet is the hottest trend of the season, you can swap the leather jacket with a beautiful velvet blazer like this one.

Love Of Mode Floral Prints In Fall

Floral prints in fall are not a no-no. Worn right they can make a beautiful style statement and look totally in place. So don’t go ahead and stack away your florals just yet, accessorized smartly, you’ll still be able to wear them.

1. December 2, 2016 / 1:47 am

I love your outfit! Prints, especially floral ones are on trend this season. I like your purse. It is very convenient to have all the necessary at hand.

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:13 pm

Thank Olya, I’m glad you liked it!

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:13 pm

Thanks Gemma!

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:14 pm

Thanks Jodie! Accessories are a great way to pull an outfit together!

2. December 2, 2016 / 7:04 am

I don’t have floral top, I just can’t get into it or I have yet to find one that interest me. I love how you paired it with a leather jacket, it’s a good mixture of feminine and edgy.

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:14 pm

I bet if you find the right print for you, you’ll aboslutely love it!

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:15 pm

I’m so glad you liked the belt with this outfit!

3. December 2, 2016 / 7:58 am

I honestly couldn’t agree more with you, beauty! Florals in the fall and winter are absolutely gorgeous and in fact, I think it creates a more lively look, especially during the winter! I also love the look of an all white outfit during this season, too, it gives off a very luxe and sophisticated vibe, as opposed to the relaxed, easy breezy vibe we see during the summer. I love that floral blouse you’re wearing here and how you’ve combined it with that beautiful pink leopard belt, which is so unique! Thanks so much for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you have the most amazing weekend ahead!

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:16 pm

I agree, white in winter is so chic! Thanks Jalisa, have a great weekend!

4. December 2, 2016 / 9:02 am

Another perfect outfit! The addition of the leather coat and black booties is the perfect combo with floral print for fall

Happy Friday!
    Carly at A Modern Mom Blog

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:16 pm

Thanks Carly!

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:17 pm

Haha thanks Nicky!

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:17 pm

Thanks Luci for you constant support, it means a lot!

5. December 2, 2016 / 3:04 pm

That is a really pretty floral print! I love how you dressed it up and pairing it with that black jacket is pretty cool! Great look! x

Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

• Tamara
      Author
      December 2, 2016 / 4:18 pm

Thanks Ann-Marie. Have a great weekend!

6. December 3, 2016 / 2:11 am

I love this floral look for fall, and isn’t it a great feeling to break the rules? 🙂 You look absolutely beautiful, and I really love how you styled this top! Have a wonderful day!

xo, Esther

7. December 3, 2016 / 2:37 am

Great tips to wear floral in falls…. You look gorgeous in all the pics …..I too love wearing florals during falls…..Luv your outfit babe…and the belt is fab….xoxo, Neha

8. December 3, 2016 / 2:39 am

Hey dear, these are great tips to wear floral in falls…. You look gorgeous in all the pics …..I too love wearing florals during falls…..Luv your outfit babe…and the belt is fab….xoxo, Neha

9. Ankita Bardhan
    December 3, 2016 / 4:23 am

True, fashion rules are meant to be broken! That outfit looks great and the top & belt adds perfect amount of femininity to the whole outfit 🙂

xx
    Makeup, Style and Sugar

10. December 3, 2016 / 3:27 pm

Love how you styled your floral print, so hard for me since I much more of a simple kind a girl, but you did it beautifully! Have a wonderful weekend.

Kisses,
    Tania

11. December 4, 2016 / 10:12 am

Yes I love winter florals and mixing and matching prints. This floral shirt and with pink leopard print belt is suer chic and cool. Love this!

Allie of ALLIENYC

12. December 4, 2016 / 2:44 pm

You look really lovely! I actually prefer florals in winter – it’s more unexpected x

Sick Chick Chic

13. December 4, 2016 / 3:28 pm

I would NEVER have thought to mix that floral print with your belt- but you pulled it off FLAWLESSLY!! I’m all about personal style and wearing what makes you comfortable and happy 🙂 Glad I found your blog! Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Kandja xx

14. December 5, 2016 / 11:09 am

I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.
    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

xoxo

15. December 12, 2016 / 2:26 pm

That floral top is so pretty, we love how you styled it with that leather jacket and that cute belt! You have a great eye for fashion, thanks for the tips!

ISA Professional

16. December 14, 2016 / 2:31 am

I completely second your “Breaking the taboo” thoughts. I have also felt over the time, whats the deal with wearing florals or summer prints in winter. If incorporated the right way, they can look even better than the monochrome and all other dark colors. BTW, you look stunning.