Lunch at Fig & Olive

After a long stroll and window shopping on Melrose Place, R & I worked up quite an appetite. Luckily, Fig & Olive was just around the corner.

Love Of Mode Fig & Olive

Although it’s quite big, if you blink you’ll miss it. There’s only a small menu pinned outside that indicates you’ve arrived at the right place. Once you open the door, it’s a completely different experience. Inside the restaurant is massive. A little minimalism, a lot of elegance, a tad of greenery and beautiful natural light from above, Fig & Olive is the perfect brunch/lunch spot on Melrose Pl.

Love Of Mode Fig & Olive

Top H&M, skirt Zara, boots Mango, Bag Micheal Kors

Buzzing with business meetings, friends catching up, and families celebrating the holidays, it felt so alive. Menus in hand, we were ready to order. Starting with a glass of rosé prosecco for me and a bourbon cocktail for R, we cheered to the last bit of 2016.

Love Of Mode Fig & Olive

For starters, we chose 3 crostinis, kabocha squash with pickled mushroom and pear, manchego with fig and marcona almond, octopus with fig and pimento. Perfect little bites to accompany the drinks.

Love Of Mode Fig & Olive

As for the main course, we shared the walnut & gorgonzola linguine and the branzino.

Love Of Mode Fig & Olive

Although the main courses were lacking a little bit of oomph, it’s still worth visiting Fig & Olive for the drinks, crostini, and just ambiance.

Love Of Mode Fig & Olive

1. December 28, 2016 / 8:27 am

I bet it is a nice place but forget it! Your outfit is fabulous! Love the skirt!

2. Amy Arnold
    December 28, 2016 / 10:13 am

I have heard great things about Fig and Olive. Loving this amazing skirt and your sleeves.

3. December 28, 2016 / 12:59 pm

I have not been there, but it sounds lovely and the name of this place also sounds very familiar. Your skirt is gorgeous and the black and gold bag is such a stunning addition to this outfit. <3 Happy Holidays! /Madison xx
    FASHION TALES

4. December 28, 2016 / 5:51 pm

Those photos are stupendous. Someone here has an eye for photography! The Fig and Olive sounds excellent as well, while I don’t eat seafood, the photos certainly look delicious!

5. December 30, 2016 / 10:19 am

You look absolutely gorgeous, girlie! I love that skirt and that bag is divine, so lush! I’ve been to two different Fig & Olive locations and I have to say that it seems to be that the quality of the food seems to vary. Eddie and I went to one location and it was okay, but I went to one of their locations NYC and it was amazing! Though one thing never changes and that’s their ambiance and theme, which you’ve mentioned is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing, beauty!

6. January 15, 2017 / 6:13 pm

I went to the Fig & Olive in NYC during restaurant week a couple of years ago and it remains one of my favorite spots in the city! So yummy! I really like your writing style (and personal style – this outfit is bomb!)

XO, Emily