NYFW Fall/Winter 17 Trends Forecast

Although winter hasn’t officially ended yet, the fashion world has already moved on to Fall/Winter 17. Every show and presentation I attended last week was completely different, but there were some common details that will define the trends of F/W 17.

Metallics:

Just like this winter, the metallic trend is continuing all through next fall & winter. Although there were a few golden and colorful tones spotted here and there, silver was dominating. From RTA’s silver pantsuit (see here), to silver pleated skirt at the Katy Xiomara show and black and silver Oscar De La Renta black & silver dress, silver tones were the focus.

Sheer fabrics:

Another big trend I observed at the NYFW Fall/Winter 17 is sheer fabrics. These romantic, feminine fabrics made an appearance in almost every show, mostly contrasting against a rather thick fabric pairing.

Dramatic sleeves:

For those who loved dramatic sleeves this season, rejoice! Because this trend is stretching over to the next season. Dramatic sleeves were all over the runways. From puffy to exaggerated sleeves, Fall/winter ’17 promises no boring sleeves!

No More Velvet!

Yes, you read that right… Velvet was nowhere to be seen this NYFW. While it was fun wearing those velvet booties this winter, you’re better off donating them at the end of this season.

Jacket Express, sweater H&M similar, jeans Topshop, boots Mango similar, clutch Sarah’s Bag similar

This was my fashion trends forecast for the upcoming fall and winter. Personally, I’m excited for the continuation of metallics all through next season. What’s your favorite trend you spotted this NYFW?

1. Yiota
    February 17, 2017 / 3:42 am

I love metallics but in winter I was so scared to purchase anything. I have been eyeing a soft pink metallic pleated skirt and it would be perfect to wear in spring! If I am brave enough 🙂

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

2. February 17, 2017 / 6:21 am

Yes, I too noticed that velvet is no where to been seen this season and metallic and sheer fabric are the in-season! Thanks for the rundown, Tamara!

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

3. February 17, 2017 / 7:28 am

Tamara, you are flawless! Love this look and your glasses are so RAD! I seriously need them in my life! Can you tell me where you got these from?!
    Have a wonderful weekend, love!
    xoxo, Vanessa

4. Carina
    February 17, 2017 / 1:10 pm

Those boots are stunning! I’m also excited about metallics, but also statement sleeves.

xo

5. February 19, 2017 / 9:51 am

Noo, I love velvet, haha! We need to keep that trend going! 😉 Great look btw! <3

TheNormcoreRebel

6. February 20, 2017 / 5:22 am

Beauty! I love how absolutely naturally radiant your make up look is here. And the natural yet super healthy hair! Perfection. Also, love this look. The somewhat cropped, raw hem denim with those fitted calf booties is a silhouette I am totally obsessed with.
    Thanks for the run down about what is staying and going in spring 2017. I never did snag a pair of velvet booties which now is looking like a good thing.

Hope your week is off to an amazing start.
    XO! Gina

7. February 21, 2017 / 2:26 pm

Thanks for the trend alert post, Tamara. I am secretly happy about the velvet downfall, as I could never make up my mind about this particular trend. Phew! On the other hand, statement sleeves, yay! Need to get me one of those

Your look is on point, love the colour contrast and the grandpa glasses 🙂

Sending much love ♡

Saida | She talks Glam

8. Oanna fashionsimbol
    February 21, 2017 / 3:45 pm

This such a amazing ,awesome outfit . I love very much that sweater and the jachet !
    Look fabulous dear ,congrats

9. February 23, 2017 / 12:43 pm

I am so in love of this outfit! I love the way you styled it, that jacket is amazing and the crazy pop of red really attracts your attention even more ! 🙂

10. March 5, 2017 / 1:50 pm

So pleased metallics and big sleeves are hear to stay! I do like wearing velvet, though, so that’s a shame. Glad you enjoyed your first NYFW. I recently went to my first LFW and I loved it. Do you mind me asking where your ‘no one cares’ t-shirt is from?! I love it!
    Jaz xoxo