Summer Hottest Accessory – The Straw Hat

For many reasons, summer is my favorite season of all. One of those reasons has to be straw hats. Nothing makes me feel summer ready like a good old straw hat.

Although I like my thick fedora hats in colder months, I tend to wear them only a few times. They just make me feel like I’m trying a little too much. That’s definitely not the case with straw hats. They have something so chilled and relaxed about them. They instantly give your outfit vacation vibes. A straw hat is an effortless accessory to rock in hotter seasons.

Whether you’re traveling or just in the city, they’re always appropriate during warm days. Not only they keep you from the sun, but they also look absolutely cute and very Saint Tropez-esque! Additionally, and most important factor of all, they are perfect for hiding bad hair days!

I tend to prefer lighter colors, but you can wear them even in black. Just like straw bags, they are a summer must. A couple of seasons ago, customized straw hats with writing on them were the hot Instagram vacation accessory. Although this trend is still going on, this year it’s about pompoms and tassels. Just like on bags, pompoms and tassels are a cute way to jazz up a straw hat.

No matter what size, shape or color, straw hats are a wardrobe essential in the summer. Below, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite straw hats for every taste and every budget!

1. Jessi Malay
    June 28, 2017 / 12:21 pm

You look SO cute in that hat babe<3 Straw hats and basket bags are definitely summer essentials!

2. June 28, 2017 / 2:03 pm

You look absolutely fabulous! When is the perfect time to wear straw hats if not now!

Xx, Lora | Cherry Cola Style

3. June 28, 2017 / 2:48 pm

Oh I know straw hats are so fun and perfect for summer. I wish I like the way hats looked on me, I have a bunch but don’t wear them a lot as they don’t look great on me, I have a long face and they can make me look kind of manly. But you look gorgeous in a hat and love you styled yours here.

Allie of

4. June 29, 2017 / 3:23 am

I adore the style. I wish you a lovely day, Greetings from Switzerland //Sofia (…visit my blog http://sofiacm.com for interior and style tips)

5. June 29, 2017 / 6:20 am

Such a cute look! I wish I could pull off the straw hat look like you, but I end up just looking like a farmer! x

|Georgia Megan|

6. Hadas Aharon
    June 29, 2017 / 9:03 am

so true a hat is the trendiest accessory right now
    x

Hadas – luxury travel and fashion blogger
    @The Fashion Matters

7. June 29, 2017 / 9:11 am

I love that cute hat! Lovely dress too! So cute!

8. June 29, 2017 / 5:40 pm

YAAAS! I love adding summer hats to my outfits – it’s so functional and stylish!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

9. June 29, 2017 / 6:42 pm

I agree with you on how straw hats give the outfit vacation vibes! Especially those with wider brims, they just remind me of beaches and umbrellas.

yanrula x
    Let’s connect: Bloglovin’

10. June 30, 2017 / 7:42 am

You know, I feel the same way when I wear a brimmed hat during the fall and winter. Though I love them, I always feel as though it looks I’m trying too much, but sometimes I just can’t resist, haha. I, surprisingly, don’t have a straw hat like this, which I definitely want to add to my collection because like you’ve said, it’s so relaxed and chill in its vibe, while also protecting your from the sun and masking a bad hair day 🙂 I love the ones you’ve shared here, especially that last pink one, so pretty! Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead!

11. June 30, 2017 / 5:48 pm

You’re gorgeous and yes! I am all about the straw hats this summer!

xo Kristen
    lovelyasamother.com

12. July 2, 2017 / 4:23 pm

Hats, the new sunscreen =)