The Pink Skirt

Early this spring, I claimed I wasn’t a big fan of pink. Well here am I with another post wearing this pink skirt, and a closet full of this shade. Seriously, I don’t know what happened. It’s as if I suddenly fell in love with this color and had to make up for all the lost time. On another note, the same thing is also happening with yellow. But, more on that later.

Not only am I crushing on pink, but also I’m having a moment with paper bag waists. It all started when I traveled to Japan, this style is so on trend there. I bought these yellow pants in Tokyo and have collected a few more with paper bag waist detail ever since including this skirt. I find it extremely flattering and great in creating the smaller waist illusion. In addition, it also makes every outfit look more chic and higher end.

Skirt Madewell, tee Banana Republic, hat H&M similar, bag Mango (aslo comes in black)

Although dresses are basically all I wear come spring/summer, I’m not so keen about skirts. Weird, right? But I’m actually making an effort nowadays to add more skirts to my wardrobe. As soon as I saw this faux wrap pink skirt, I knew I’d love it. Not only because of the waist, but also because of the front slip, color and most important of all those big pockets!

I actually wore this outfit when I was in San Diego and I have to admit it’s one of my favorite daytime looks. So simple; pink skirt white tee, slides, and a hat, yet the pop of color and the whole vibe makes it so effortlessly chic. A lady actually came up to me to compliment the look and to tell me: “it’s well put together”.

The small details such a pink ribbon on the hat, and the white slides really tied the whole outfit together, from head to toe.

1. July 10, 2017 / 8:22 am

Well, the lady was right, Tamara!! You are fabulously well put together! And good for you for trying new colors!
    Pink is so everywhere right now—maybe the more we see of it, the more we love it?
    Jodie

• July 10, 2017 / 9:40 am

Maybe that’s the case, Jodie. Have a great day!

• July 10, 2017 / 9:41 am

Thank you Steph!

• July 10, 2017 / 9:42 am

That’s true Katherine! Have a great start of the week!

2. Ankita Bardhan
    July 10, 2017 / 8:39 am

Haha I can totally relate to saying I don’t like this color one day and finding yourself collecting pieces in same color another day. But I must say, Pink looks beautiful on you! I am hearing about paper bag waist for the first time and I am instantly in love with after seeing your outfit. You have styled it fabulously!
    xx

• July 10, 2017 / 9:44 am

Haha glad I’m not the alone Ankita and thank you for the sweet words.

• July 10, 2017 / 9:44 am

Thank you Lydia!

3. July 10, 2017 / 8:44 am

Tamara,
    I am obsessed with this pink skirt! It’s so perfect for a casual day and can be dressed up or down! You look so cute in that sun hat!

xoxo,
    Vanessa

• July 10, 2017 / 9:45 am

Thank you Vanessa, have a fab day!

• July 10, 2017 / 9:45 am

Thank you!

4. July 10, 2017 / 9:31 am

Such a lovely and cute outfit – you look so stunning xx

• July 10, 2017 / 9:45 am

Thank you Karo!

5. Amy
    July 10, 2017 / 10:11 am

I feel like I recently got on a pink kick recently after blush got more popular. You look lovely!

6. July 10, 2017 / 10:46 am

I totally get you; I’ve never been a fan of pink but this summer for some reason, I’ve slowly been into the idea of blush clothing. This is such a cute outfit and stunning photos!

xx Pia

7. July 10, 2017 / 11:55 am

I really love pops of pink, but I tend not to wear too much of it either! I really love the way this skirt is made, it looks so good on you! I love it with the pink trimmed hat!

Denise | Fashion Love Letters

8. July 10, 2017 / 12:08 pm

The cut of the skirt fits you perfectly I definitely understand why you like it 🙂

xx, rebecca
    rbcmrm.blogspot.de

9. July 10, 2017 / 2:03 pm

This is such a cute summer outfit, girlie! I adore your skirt and the matching hat, as well as those slides! That’s happened to me too, when I don’t like something initially, but eventually grow to love it. I think it may be since blush pink and yellow have been trending so much this season that you’re seeing so much of it and they’ve grown on you. I’m glad you’ve chosen to embrace them because they look so good on you! Thanks for sharing, beauty, and I hope you’re having a great start to your week so far!

10. July 10, 2017 / 8:36 pm

It’s hard not to fall in love with this shade. While I am not too crazy about pink either, I love certain shades of it. This pink skirt is one example! And yellow, that is a whole new conversation. Love love it!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

11. Yiota
    July 10, 2017 / 9:57 pm

My favourite colour is pink so when I saw this post, I clicked on it so fast you wouldn’t believe it 🙂 Love the skirt, so cute!! x

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

12. July 11, 2017 / 5:13 am

That skirt is absolutely gorgeous, love the color and how simple and beautiful it made you look.

Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

13. July 11, 2017 / 1:08 pm

I love this skirt and it’s such a cute way to brighten up a casual look. Similarly to you, I didn’t have much pink in my wardrobe but it’s been such a staple colour this season I gave in and bought some items.
    Thanks for sharing this look,
    Jaz xoxo

14. July 11, 2017 / 2:36 pm

Love this outfit from head to toe. Your skirt is a gorgeous color

michellespaige.com