The Gingham Dress

Not long ago, I shared this post featuring the gingham trend. I mentioned my hesitation when it comes to this pattern and how I have a love-hate relationship with it. When writing that post, I didn’t think I would ever wear a full on gingham dress… But here we are.

I’ve said it a million times before, I’m always open minded when it comes to new trends. A lot of the times I feel a little reserved at first, but with time I grow more and more accepting of them. And that’s exactly what happened with gingham. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still not on board with the big gingham print and I still think it kinda looks like a kitchen cloth.

Dress Macy’s on sale under $50, earrings Lulus, bag similar here

You guys know I’m all about dresses in spring/summer time and this one just sums up everything I’m linking at the moment. My love for off the shoulder will never die I think. It’s one trend I wish it will never go away. As for the ruffles, they’re in all the right places. They give this dress a nice gypsy vibe.

The length is just perfect, even on a shortie like me! And I always love a tight waist on flowy dresses as it helps give an hourglass shape.

This gingham dress is such a perfect summer piece. It also comes in red which also looks very nice. I can imagine wearing it on my next vacation or even for a date night. Throwing a leather jacket on top to give it a little more edge and to keep me warm on chilly San Francisco nights.

1. July 26, 2017 / 2:38 am

Stunning look! This dress is so cute! So fashion! I always loved this old country look gingham! So feminine!

2. July 26, 2017 / 5:00 am

I am loving the gingham trend and this dress is just gorgeous! LOVE your earrings too!

Rosy Outlook

3. July 26, 2017 / 5:43 am

I adore this dress! I love the scale of the gingham, the length, and the ruffle details on the neckline and hem! I also love that woven bag paired with it, such a perfect summer outfit! I’m the same way with a lot of trends, it takes me a little time to open up to it and I’ll usually end up caving because I’ll see it SO much that it’ll begin to grow on me. Thanks for sharing, beautiful l, and I hope you’re having a great day so far!

Xo,

4. Siffat Haider
    July 26, 2017 / 7:26 am

I am loving the gingham trend! This dress is so lovely, it suits you beautifully!
    xo
    Siffat

5. July 26, 2017 / 9:58 am

This dress is stunning on you! Love all the pretty details from the gingham print to the ruffles <3
    Green Fashionista

6. July 26, 2017 / 10:06 am

Oh Wow! I just found your blog when you commented on mine and I am so excited! I love it! I know how you feel about gingham, I feel the same. I love it but am close to sick of it. But what did I do? I bought the most adorable gingham dress last weekend. It has a cute wrap front the big tie! Swoon! Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog. I will sign up for your newsletter, I don’t see you on bloglovin? Peace!
    Cheryl

7. July 26, 2017 / 1:56 pm

You’re 1000% rocking it! I’m not sure I could do the ruffle or gingham trend but you’ve inspired me to try!

Pia

8. Adi
    July 26, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Stunning look, Tamara!! You rock the gingham trend perfectly!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

9. July 26, 2017 / 5:53 pm

I am glad you did wear this! I love gingham and gingham looks fab on you!–Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

10. July 26, 2017 / 6:04 pm

I am just loving gingham this summer! I love the length of this dress and the ruffle on the bottom.

Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

11. July 26, 2017 / 7:11 pm

This dress is gorgeous on you – I’m still not sold on the whole gingham thing, it’s a tad prairie-esk for me but I like this one with the off the shoulder cut.

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.

12. July 26, 2017 / 9:11 pm

This dress is so stunning on you! I’m like you, in the beginning I wasn’t so sure about this print on me but now I’m hooked and can’t stop.

xo Kristen

13. July 27, 2017 / 4:59 am

That’s such a pretty dress and it looks great on you! I’m also a fan of tied waists on flowy dresses, always looks great. Scrolling through your blog and I really like it! xx
    Coco Bella Blog

14. July 27, 2017 / 5:31 am

For someone that is not into the gingham trend, you wear it well and you find the best pieces! I love gingham and I love this dress! So cute!

15. July 27, 2017 / 12:33 pm

This dress is so pretty and so are you!!! I love love love this outfit from head to toe! 🙂

XO, Melissa

16. Amy
    July 27, 2017 / 1:45 pm

I am personally fully on board with the gingham trend, and I think it looks amazing on you. Love this dress.

17. July 28, 2017 / 12:26 am

That is what I love about fashion! You just can’t say never – it looks so good on you, though!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

18. July 30, 2017 / 10:04 am

That dress is so fabulous on you! I tried it myself but it was so long it was practically a maxi dress on me!
    Chic on the Cheap