Retro Vibes For Cars In The Park

For the second consecutive year, R & I attended our local Cars In The Park event. It’s an annual occasion where dozens of vintage car owners get together in a local park to show off their stunning cars. Mostly several decades old, these cars are a treat to the eye. Last year we had such an amazing time getting up close and personal with these pieces of history that we had to attend again this year.

In a weird and unplanned coincidence, I wore olive green two years in a row for the same event (check out last year’s outfit here). Either I subconsciously associated it with the park or with vintage cars… We will never know!

This year, I wanted to match the occasion and chose a more vintage looking outfit. This olive green maxi that I’ve had for a while now (last seen here) was the perfect match. For a pop of color, I borrowed this yellow belt from these pants and tied it on the wait. Not only did it brake the monotony of the dress but it also matched with the earrings and tied the whole outfit together.

Dress old similar, sunnies Amazon, earrings LuLus, straw bag similar

To add a more retro touch to the outfit, I decided to go for these “Kurt Cobain” sunnies. I have been seeing this style everywhere lately and decided to give them a try. Because they’re quite trendy and a little out there, I decided to opt for a cheaper pair rather than splurging. Although they’re the hot sunnies of this summer, I doubt they’ll be in style for years to come. Also, I’m not so sure that they suit me. But for less than $20, I’m willing to play around with them for even only a handful of times.

Cars In The Park is R & I’s favorite local annual event, and just like last year, we were so happy to see some of the rarest cars on earth while playing dress up… At least I did!

1. July 31, 2017 / 6:42 am

Ok, fave blog post of the day–how cute and I need shades like yours, Tamara

Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

2. July 31, 2017 / 9:06 am

These retro sunglasses are everything! I always love adding a little bit of a retro vibe to my looks! Such a perfect outfit for this occasion!

xoxo,
    Vanessa

3. July 31, 2017 / 9:42 am

We have a similar annual event where I live too, but I’ve never gone before, which is ironic because Eddie is in the auto industry, lol. Anyway, it seems like such a cool event and made for the perfect backdrop to your photos. I adore that dress, olive green suits you so well! Thanks for sharing, girl, and I hope you have a great week ahead!

Xo,

4. July 31, 2017 / 3:47 pm

Loving your whole aesthetic lovely!

Pingkan x | lifeofpingkan.com

5. August 1, 2017 / 2:24 am

I am a huge fan of retro fashion! I am so digging that dress on you – perfect length, style and color! The sunnies are fab too!

Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

6. August 1, 2017 / 2:53 am

You look really chic dear.. love the entire combo.. would you like to follow each other do let me know on my blog.

Glowyshoes’s blog

7. August 1, 2017 / 3:54 am

YAAAAS! You rock this shoot, Tamara! I am in love with that dress on you and all the retro accessories you’ve incorporated.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

8. Amy
    August 1, 2017 / 10:26 am

This makes for such a cool blog photo shoot, and of course you look as gorgeous as always. The retro sunnies were the perfect choice.

9. August 6, 2017 / 6:18 am

Those olive tones suit you so well, Tamara! Love the maxi dress with an improvised belt and. I have the same dilemma with this kind of sunnies, got a pair but I don’t think they actually suit me all that well, hahahaha. Have a lovely Sunday, girl!

Saida | She talks Glam