Last Bits Of Summer – The Red Dress Edition

There’s no way around it, summer, sadly, is coming to an end. As a farewell, we are getting some scorching temperatures here in San Francisco at the moment. Which is giving us a reason to wear our summer wardrobe one last time. This red dress has been sitting in my wardrobe for a while, and I finally got the chance to wear it.

As we’re starting to transition into colder months, you should be conscious of your purchases. Although a lot of summer pieces are on sale right now, if you don’t think they will be suitable for next summer or can be worn in the upcoming months, you should skip on buying them.

Yes, this red dress is summery, but layered with a leather jacket it can be a great look in the fall. Or even paired with black tights, sparkly heels, and a coat, it would make a great holiday party dress.

Instead of pairing it with sandals that I won’t be wearing for long now, I chose these slides. They’re closed and a dark color, making them an essential transitioning piece for the fall.

In these last days of warm weather, you should take full advantage of your wardrobe. The sales are tempting but unless you’re planning a tropical vacation in the upcoming months, stay away from items that you won’t be able to wear in fall and winter.

Shop The post:

1. September 1, 2017 / 8:13 am

I’ve been trying to wear some of my summer items…because it’s still quite warm here. I figure I’ll have plenty of time to dress warm soon enough!
    Great outfit, Tamara, and have a fabulous weekend!
    XOXO
    Jodie

2. September 1, 2017 / 7:58 pm

I can’t believe my favorite season is coming to on end. It went pretty quickly. I’m trying to enjoy my summer clothes, but the change in temperature is making it hard. I love your dress. I do think it is timeless.

3. September 2, 2017 / 7:15 am

You look absolutely stunning in that dress! I am trying to incorporate more dresses into my wardrobe too and take a break from my usual jeans and tee.

Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

4. September 2, 2017 / 2:35 pm

Oh how cute is that dress! You look just so cute, I am sure you feel super great red <3
    xx, Carmen – http://carmitive.com

5. September 3, 2017 / 6:00 am

I have to say I’m kinda happy to see summer go, because I always look forward to fall so much. But anyway, I really love this look. Your dress is so pretty and the hat is just perfect. Beautiful pics!

Krisztina | http://www.krisztinaclifton.com

6. September 3, 2017 / 7:28 pm

Such an adorable dress. I love how you paired it with that hat. Such a chic look!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

7. September 4, 2017 / 10:10 am

I agree, if it’s not versatile, one should pass. This is what I try my best to consider when shopping. It saves me money, space in my closet, and helps with creating outfits throughout the seasons! I love your red dress and the ideas you gave for styling it during the cooler months. I can’t believe we’re already in September, it’s crazy, isn’t it?! Thanks for sharing, beautiful, and I hope you’re having a great holiday weekend so far!

THE STYLE CONTOUR

8. September 6, 2017 / 3:09 am

My god I love it! Myself who do a lot of pictures I do not come back from the distribution of the red color and what you release!

9. September 12, 2017 / 11:20 pm

The style and the color are so beautiful, the hat and the bag are very good. I love red so much, the red suits you very much, chic look!