Trend Alert – Ugly Chunky Sneakers

Here we are again with yet another outrageous trend… The ugly sneakers, or chunky sneakers or dad sneakers… whatever you want to call them.

Thanks to Balenciaga, this trend has hit the fashion world with full force. These obnoxious sneakers have become an “it” girl favorite this season. It wasn’t long before other brands released their version of the ugly sneakers to appeal to the increasing demands for this style. From Louis Vuitton to Chanel, the luxury¬†world paved the way for the high street when it comes to this trend. It wasn’t long before we started seeing these sneakers with a more affordable price tag in Zara, Missguided and other affordable retailers.

Although these sneakers are the hottest shoes of the moment, I really can’t see this trend being any more than just a fad. They’re a fun way to upgrade your sneaker game, but they are by no means a timeless piece. When it comes to crazy trends such as this one, you guys know that I prefer to save rather than splurge. If I don’t see myself wearing a style in the upcoming years, I won’t spend too much on it.

Therefore, I snagged these chunky sneakers from Missguided while they had a 50% off sale (they have that frequently). And I’m so glad that I got that extra discount.

Honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about this trend quite yet. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don’t. What I’m sure of is that this is just another fad, so save your money people!

1. Jodie
    June 19, 2018 / 8:30 am

I love the idea of sneakers, and there are so many fun ones out there. Maybe they won’t hang around, but at least I’ll be comfy while they are here!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

• Tamara
      Author
      June 20, 2018 / 12:40 pm

So true! at least this is a comfy trend for once haha.

2. June 19, 2018 / 8:43 am

I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about this trend when I heard about it! I love how you styled it but I would probably never buy them!

Jennifer
    Effortlessly Sophisticated

P.S. Do you think maybe we can talk sometime about how you were able to move to Canada? I’ve been trying to find a way for years!

• Tamara
      Author
      June 20, 2018 / 12:41 pm

It is definitely a trend that’s not for everyone’s taste!

Sure Jennifer, send me a message on Instagram and let’s chat.

3. June 20, 2018 / 6:30 am

I’m still not sure if I’d actually rock these but you wore them well.Loving the simplicity of the outfit.

• Tamara
      Author
      June 20, 2018 / 12:42 pm

I find that they look best with simpler looks. Making them the center of the attention in your outfit is key to pulling them off.